Chapter 22

I was waiting for the Jayden to come and pick me up, he was the designated driver tonight and I was waiting in my front room for him to pull up outside.

Humming to myself I tried to stay quiet as my parents had both gone to bed early, and I didn't want to disturb them. But quite frankly, I was buzzed already and I couldn't wait to just have some fun.

I had been stressed lately, worried about him. Obviously. What else was I supposed to do?

Well other than research. Literally I've done so much fucking research I honestly might as well write a paper about alcoholism and the stages and warning signs of relapse. About how it depends how much they have been drinking.

Is it everyday? Is it just bad days? Is he even drinking? He keeps telling me he isn't.

Was I stupid to believe him?

Was I just desperate to believe he was telling the truth because I knew if he was drinking again then we had so far to go for him to see the sun again?

I needed to just try and forget about it tonight, but I knew I probably wouldn't be able to do. I felt guilty enough that Jackson was at home hurting whilst I was getting better.

But maybe I just needed to go get better so I could come back again and be able to help him.

Tonight, wasn't about him though. I didn't think he should be there, so I wasn't going to encourage him to be. I'm just going to keep myself to myself and my friends.

It was Max's birthday. And Max had actually been such a good friend to me since I've been back, and he deserved us all to celebrate him.

Max's birthday night was going to be held at a small club in town and I don't know If he picked it specifically but the theme for the night was into the jungle. The girls had all sorts of different animal prints planned to wear but I was actually excited because I had this butterfly dress which I had no other excuse to wear.

But this was perfect for tonight.

I had straightened my hair, it was pin drop and was so much longer than it appeared to be when I let it just do its own thing

I had straightened my hair, it was pin drop and was so much longer than it appeared to be when I let it just do its own thing. I also went out with makeup, my eyes decorated with a vibrant colour instead of just the usual winged eye liner and lashes.

"You look great." Jay smiles at me as I get into his car, I was the first person on the route so I was able to sit up front.

"Thanks." I smile back and look at his black and white leopard print shirt. "Original."

"Well jungle themed is obviously going to mean leopard print no?"

"Yeah." I laugh and before long we were both singing along to the music as we pulled out side to get Max and Lucy.

Getting ready on your own was almost more fun, I had been dancing around my room drinking wine for the past hour and I was already buzzing to get to the club.