Chapter 44

Remember to vote and commenttttt <3

When I wake up in Jackson's arms, and we were both in my bed I was a little confused. Until I remembered.

Golly.

Last night was a really bad night.

I poke Jackson's chest a little, waking him up and making it so I could get out of bed.

"Hey." He mumbles, sleepily and I send him a soft smile.

"I'm just gunna go talk to my mum." I whisper and Jackson opens his eyes, sitting up as I move out of his arms and out of bed.

"Wait I'll come with you." He says and I just nod an okay.

The broken part of me wants me to pull away from him, to be on my own. I'm trying very hard to fight it.

"How is it today?" Jackson says softly as he pulls his top back over his head.

"I don't know." I say.

Honestly, I feel teary again. I just, I don't know how to feel.

The whole system is fucked up. Then again, if he wasn't going to do this to anyone else ever again, then surely he should be allowed to leave?

It really depends how you view prison.

Punishment?

Rejuvenation?

Public Safety?

I pull a jumper of Jackson's over my head and he sends me a frown.

"Ives it's really warm."

"I feel cold." I shrug and walk towards my bedroom door.

"Well okay." He breathes a laugh, going to grab my hand and I flinch away from it.

"Oh I'm sorry." I mumble and refuse to make eye contact. I link my fingers with his and he holds my hand tightly.

I open my bedroom door and we slowly make our way downstairs. My mum's wiping the kitchen side peacefully listening to the radio and I see my dad outside sitting on our little steps.

"Mum." I say and her head snaps up.

"Hun." My mum calls for my dad and my dad comes back in.

I go and take a seat at the breakfast bar and Jackson stands behind me, I leans my back into him and he places a small kiss on the back of my head. Not caring about my parents, he never really did.

"You ready to talk?" She says and I let out a painful laugh.

"About the fact Layton's being released?" I say, my voice void of emotion and then both look at me shocked.

"Luca, Layton's brother told her last night." Jackson says and he rubs my arm reassuringly.

"Oh." My mum says and my dad comes and sits down next to me.

"Are you okay? Before we talk about anything else, are you doing alright?" My dad asks and I rub my face in exhaustion.

"Considering. Yeah I am ok." I say and my mum breathes a little easier.

"We were really worried Ivy." She says and I narrow my eyes a little at her.

"How long have you two known?"

"We only found out yesterday. Normally they aren't even obliged to tell us, but the laws changed."

"What can we do so this doesn't happen?" Jackson's voice is gruff and I sigh.