008

// HOPE //

Everyone was here, safe and sound. Opposite me I could see Rhodey holding the Power Stone in shock and amazement. Rocket and Thor was standing next to him with the Reality Stone, I looked down towards Thor hands to find the infamous hammer that got destroyed years ago. Bruce has succeeded on getting the time stone and my head snapped in the direction of Tony and Steve. They got it!

Banner was the first one to talk to everyone, while scanning the room, "did we get them all?"

"Are you telling me this actually worked?" Rhodey questioned while releasing a chuckle to escape his lips in disbelief. I look towards his direction before nodding my head, a bright smile speared across everyone's, but one faces.

No-one seemed to notice the man that was kneed down on the floor, soaking wet. He looked broken as he grips tightened around the Soul Stone.

"Client, where's Nat?" Banner questioned him in confusion. Everyone attention stopped being joyful and turned shapely towards the man that is crushed on the floor.

He didn't response, all there was is silence as the atmosphere started to get thicker. Shaking his head, a couple of time, you could barely see the tears that was escaping his tightly shut eyes. Tears rolled down his face as the feeling of lost and sorrow filled the room. He didn't need to say anything, everyone got the message.

A loud thud was heard from across room as I felt the heavy impact of something hitting the floor out frustration and pain. My jaw started to tighten as I could feel the wetness covering my eyes like blanket layered on a bed. Natasha was gone. Getting to know these people, growing a relationship with them was a struggle at first. Although Natasha was able to keep my mind off the person that I lost and onto something girl gossip about.

I'll admit, I didn't know her as well as the other but still no-one deserved this. "Whatever it takes" I whispered to myself as I knew the reason on why she did this. A soul for a soul, during the meeting we discovered that someone needed to die although none of us actually expected it to happen.

- Time Skip –

Some people gather around the house as they grieved, I thought about going outside to get some fresh air as well as thinking about trying to help the big guy out. There was a peaceful lake stretching out in front of us. Everyone stared at the water or down towards their feet. No-one knew what to say.

I learned my body against the pila that sat quietly on the edge of the dock, small lights sat in the corner of each dock side. It was getting dark but not too dark for them to light up just yet.

"Do we know if she had family?" Tony asked quietly, he didn't want to hit anyone's nerves, but the information needed to be known, in case. Although in his words, the main word that caught out to me was 'she', it was like he was trying to push his feelings aside, but he was in shock too.

"Yeah, us" Steve responded back lightly.

Thor came up to Tony in disbelief before questioning him, "what?" he asked annoyed.

"Huh?"

"What are you doing?" he snapped back in frustration. Anyone that watched him could tell that he was about to have an outburst, he didn't want to believe in the truth.

"Just asked him a question" he responded back to the God calmly as he tried to ease his frustration.

"Yeah, no, you're acting like she dead" he said quickly, the tone of his voice held a mixer of indenyl and sadness. "Why are we acting like she's dead? We have the stone, right? As long as we have the stones Cap, we can bring her back. Isn't that right?"

Steve released a sign from his lips while changing his focus down towards his hands. He didn't want to answer his question and tell him that they can't bring her back because deep down, everyone wanted to believe the stones will bring her back.

"So, stop this shit. We're the Avengers, get it together!" the homeless looking God angrily told them both.

I looked towards the God in sadness before straightening up my posture and releasing a sign from my lips. "We can't get her back" I informed him.

Everyone eyes looked towards me in understanding apart from Thor, his eyes held frustration and annoyances. "How do you know, you're just a fifteen-year-old girl?" he questioned me as he slowly made his way towards me. His fists were clenched tightly together, all the guys slowly stepped one-foot forwards, unsure on what might happen next.

My facial feature stayed motionless as he came close towards me, his body language and facial expressions filled with confusion. I could smell the beef jerky that he had before traveling to the locations that we needed to go to. Eyebrows clenched together as he gave off a threating vide, begging me to say more in order to push his buttons but my words weren't meant to be mean, its just reality.

"It can't be undone, it can't" I informed him again as I looked deeply into his eyes to try make him understand the reality of the situation.

Thor released a breathless laugh as he looked around him before staring back at me. "Look, I'm sorry, no offense, but you're a very earthly being, okay? And we're talking about space magic and 'can't' seems very definitive. Don't you think?" he questions me back while gesturing to everyone standing behind him.

"Yeah, look" I started to say back while placing my hands out in front of me in a non-threating way before continuing with my words. "I know that I'm new to this and all. But she still isn't here, is she?" I questioned him back.

"No, that's my point"

"No!" I loudly spoke to him with some emotions of sadness in my voice, "you don't get it. It can't be undone." A small tear pushed it way out of my eye lids as I looked towards the floor releasing a shaky breath. "A soul for a soul, it just the way things work. You know, I never wanted to have these powers, nope! I was just a normal girl but guess what I had to die! I was dead and now she's-"

I couldn't continue my words anymore as I looked down in frustration, all these emotions flooding in and out of me like a rollercoaster. When the words would not come, the tears did. The mourning was supposed to be something dignified and stoic in my family, but I cried like a child, noisily, with running snot and choking sobs and I was not ashamed.

The lake mirrored the sky above, both of them the kind of blue that colors those impossibly bright tourist brochures. I closed my eyes. The breeze that ran unchecked over the rippled surface, blew my long blonde mid-back length hair out from my hazel eyes, and brought color to my usually pale cheeks. The moist early summer air was fragranced with the pine trees that circled the lake.

A loud grunt was heard, from the corner of my right eye I could see Banner grabbing a hold on the bench. Pushing his arm back he threw the bench across the lake in frustration and grief, splash.

"She's not coming back" he spoke for the first time since discovering this news. "We have to make it worth it we have to."

Steve stood up from his seating position and everyone attention went towards him as we listened to the motivational words coming from him.

"We will."