Surprise

You watch the clock, waiting anxiously for it to read 10pm.

9:23
9:39
9:47
9:51
9:59

The second it changed to 10, your phone rings out. You quickly answer, shutting off the old movie playing on the telly that you weren't paying attention to.

You beam at your boyfriend, who looks tired but happy to see you. He's in a car, most likely either on break or on his way back to the hotel.

"Hey babe! How're you doing?" You smile brightly at him. "I'm doing fine. How's filming going?" He grins at you, casing the corners of his eyes to crinkle as he tells you everything that's happened to him since the video call last night.

You're only half listening to him, instead examining his face. It's been four months since you've last seen him in person, and you can't help but feel a pang of sadness at the thought of waiting another whole month before you get to see him, touch him again.

He looks exhausted, there are rings around his eyes that definitely weren't there before. You know that he doesn't get much sleep, he gets nervous when he's touring and meeting fans non stop. Usually, he only falls asleep after you've been cuddling for a while, which you can't do from your home. You miss falling asleep with him, spending time with him, going on dates, hugging him.

"Y/n/n? Did you even hear what I just said?" You snap out of your trance and try your best not to look guilty. "Yeah. The fan asked you to sign her nail polish bottle." You couldn't help but feel envious of his fans.

A wistful sigh escapes your lips before you can stop it. He cocks an eyebrow at you. "Are you okay?" You take a deep breath before smiling at him. "'Course I am. Just a little tired." He looks unconvinced, and stays quiet, waiting for you to tell the truth. "I just miss you." He smiles at you.
"I know love. I miss you too. But I'll be back in a month, okay?" You nod at him, biting your lip gently.

You hear somebody, probably a stage hand, say something in the background, and Brad turns back at you apologetically. "I've got to go babe. I'll call you tomorrow, yeah? Love you." You smile sadly at him. "Love you too."

The screen goes black, but you don't move. Your eyes fill with tears that you can't bring yourself to wipe away. After a few minutes, you decide to watch a movie to take your mind off your loneliness.

You sit comfortably on the cushy sofa, wearing the hoodie Brad gave to you before he left. You snuggle into your fluffy blanket as the start of The Notebook comes on.

Around halfway through the movie, you get up to make some popcorn. Just before you put the bag into the microwave, you hear someone knock on the front door.

Your eyes brows furrow as you look at the time. Who would be knocking this late?

You open the door to reveal a slightly taller man with chocolate brown eyes and messed up, curly hair that's slightly hidden by a hat. He's wearing a plain white t-shirt with a black jacket and jeans. You pause, unblinking, your eyes wide with shock as you stare at your boyfriend who's supposed to be in America.

He lets out a quiet laugh, bringing you back to your senses. He opens his arms and you step into his warm embrace, your arms wrapped around his stomach. You bury your face into his chest, his comforting scent enveloping you. You're reluctant to let go, not wanting this to end. You stay like this for a few minutes, until Brad's chest vibrates as he laughs at you. "I missed you too."

You reluctantly let him go, moving aside to let him into your shared apartment. He drags his bags in before looking around, smiling brightly. He takes your small hand in his, leading you over to the sofa. He kicks off his shoes before falling back onto the the couch, bringing you down with him.

You rest your head on his shoulder, afraid to let go. You want to welcome him back, but you can't seem to find the words. Instead, all you can manage is a whispered, "how?" He grins at you, pulling you into his lap before burying his head in your neck.

"I missed you. A lot. So I asked for a break." He smiles guiltily at you. "Besides, I wasn't sleeping well, and it was affecting my performance." You nod at him, understanding.

He pauses suddenly, focusing on something behind you. "You were watching The Notebook without me?" You giggle at him, before kissing him on the tip of his nose. "Well now you're here, so we can watch it together tomorrow." He raises an eyebrow at you. "Tomorrow? Why not now?" You roll your eyes at him. "You're exhausted. We're going to bed."

He smirks at you. "Did you seriously think I came all this way just to go to sleep?" Before you can reply, his lips are on yours. You melt into his arms almost immediately. He pulls away, smiling at you. "I've been waiting 2 months to do that." You laugh him before reconnecting your lips. He lifts you up gently and carries you to the bedroom, where you both make up for lost time.

***