Stay

"Are you breaking up with me?" Brad asked, his voice cracking slightly.

"I'm sorry, Brad." You blinked rapidly, trying to hold back your tears. You knew that if you started crying wouldn't be able to stop.

"But...Why..? Was it..." he paused, swallowing thickly. "Was it something that I did? Because if it is, I'm sorry. Just tell me what I did and I swear, I'll never do it again." You hesitated at his words. He was making this so much harder than it had to be.

"Its not you Brad. It's just... I don't know, it's not working anymore. It hasn't been for a while. You're always on tour and we barely even have time for each other. I just... I  can't take this anymore."

"What do you mean?" Brad asked, reaching out to grab your hand. You let out a mirthless laugh, shaking your head slightly. "You know exactly what I mean. When was the last time we had a proper conversation? And I'm not talking about on FaceTime." You looked up at him, searching his face for an answer. He avoided your eyes guiltily, and you knew that you were right.

Your relationship had changed drastically in the last year. His band was getting more and more successful, which meant that he spent longer away from you, playing around the world. You were happy for him of course, this was his dream come true. You thought you could handle this. The not seeing him, the rushed calls between his gigs and interviews. You thought that you could be the model supportive girlfriend. But you couldn't. It's not that you weren't happy for him, you were. But you couldn't take the distance, the uncertainty anymore.

A tear slipped out of your eyes, and Brad wiped it away before you could, resting his hand on your cheek. You resisted the temptation to lean into his touch as you continued talking.

"Don't make this harder than it has to be." You pleaded with him, placing your small hand on top of his own.

He closed his eyes at the feeling of your hand on his, taking a breath before opening his mouth. "It's just... This doesn't feel real, y'know? I feel like I'm going to wake up in a few minutes, and we're going to be snuggled up in bed. You're going to hug me and tell me that this was just a bad dream. That you'll never leave me."

"I know... but I just... I can't take the questioning anymore. I can't spend another month, wondering when you're coming home. Staring at my phone, waiting for you to call. Watching you party with random people while I'm wondering if you miss me as much as I miss you, if still love me." Your tears were falling freely now, your voice shaking as you continued. " I can't take it anymore."

"Baby..." Brad looked at you, clearly hurt at your words. "Of course I love you. I've missed you so much... I... I can fix this. I'll take time off the band. The guys will understand." His eyes shined earnestly as he spoke, trying to convince you not to leave.

Your heart dropped at his words. "No! See? This is what I mean. I don't want to ruin your career. I'm doing this for both of us."

"Are you?!" An annoyed look overtook Brad's expression. "Look at us both. You're stood here, crying your eyes out at the thought of being apart. How is this best for us?"

You glared at his tone, taking a step back and wiping the tears from your face. "For fucks sake Brad! We're apart more than we're together! You barely spend a few months at home before you're off on your again, leaving me here in this stupid apartment that's way too big for one person. I just sit here, watching your interviews online, feeling sorry for myself. Hoping and praying you haven't found someone better than me while you're out." Your shoulders slumped you looked down, avoiding his gaze.

"Is this really what you want to do?" He whispered. You sighed heavily, thinking. "I just... I want to spend my life with you, not waiting for you. This is what's best. This isn't healthy for either of us."

"So that's it then? Being away from each other is just so hard, that we shouldn't be together at all? Do I get a say in this, or is it solely your decision?" At this, tears started to fall out of Brad's eyes. You didn't even stop to think as you wrapped your arms around his torso, wanting to comfort him. He automatically put his arms on your hips, resting his head on top of yours the way he hadn't been able to do in so long. You couldn't help it. The feeling of being back in your boyfriends arms after so long caused you to start sobbing into his t shirt, and suddenly, it was him comforting you.

"I'm sorry. I just... I don't know what to do, Brad."

He rubbed your back gently, making soothing noises. "Shhhh... it's okay. We can figure this out. You... You don't have to leave. We can make it work. You can come on tour with me. You don't have to stay on your own." You looked up into his brown eyes, sniffing lightly. "Really?"
He nodded quickly, pulling you closer to him. "All you have to do is stay."

A/n: Hey Guys! I know it's been ages, and I'm sorry. I'm in year 11 now, and we're being assessed every week incase the government change their mind about exams going ahead and all that. It's all very stressful, and I'm spending most of my time revising now, so my motivation was pretty low. I know this isn't the best imagine, but hopefully it's okay. It's 3:24 am and I just barely finished revising for my English assessment, so sorry about the quality of this imagine.