Pregnant

Y/n's POV:

Positive

My hands shake as I stare at the two pink lines filling up the little window on the pregnancy test.

How is Brad going to react?

My eyes fill with tears as I imagine Brad's reaction. Will he be happy? Or will he want nothing to do with me? We're only 24, still young, but we've been dating for a long while, almost 4 years.

How did this even happen? We use protection all the time, and I'm on birth control. The chance of pregnancy is tiny.

I take a second test, then a third. All three come up positive. I look in the mirror, trying to imagine a baby growing in my still flat stomach.

I had a feeling something was off, my period is several days late and I've been throwing up all week, so I went to buy a few pregnancy tests a few hours ago when Brad went out to the recording studio. Still, I can't help but feel surprised at the confirmation of my suspicions.

"Y/n!" My boyfriends cheery voice calls out from outside our shared bathroom. I quickly stash the tests among the medicines in a carrier bag and unlock the door.

I step out, and Brad quickly engulfs me in a tight embrace. I relax against his chest, drawing comfort from his familiar scent.

"I was thinking... do you want to watch a movie or something? We haven't had a proper lazy movie day in a while." I giggle at his enthusiasm, trying not to seem like anything's wrong. "Sure baby, sounds great. Can we watch y/f/m?" He grins at me, his eyes shining bright as he nods. "Anything for you, love." I smile as he kisses my temple gently.

After a few seconds Brad takes my hand, pulling me into the sitting room. He motions for me to sit on the cushy sofa as he lays down, his head on my lap.

I play with his hair, running my fingers through his long, soft curls as he starts the movie. At around the half way point of the movie, a feeling of nausea finds me, and I carefully shift Brad's head from my lap before running to the bathroom.

"Babe?" Brad follows me worriedly, watching as I kneel near the toilet, retching violently as my breakfast comes back up. He holds back my hair, rubbing my back comfortingly while waiting for me to stop throwing up. When I'm finally done, I shoot him a weak, grateful smile, muttering a small thanks. He watches me closely, following my every move. He stands directly behind me as I rinse my mouth out and brush my teeth to rid myself of the taste of vomit, waiting for me to finish up.

When I'm done, he spins me around so I'm facing him, his hand on my forehead to check my temperature. "I didn't know you were ill. Is it the flu or something?"
"I don't think so. I've been throwing up for around a week now." I shrug nonchalantly, trying not to make it seem like a big deal, but Brad's eyes widen as he takes in my words. "A week?! Why didn't you tell me?"
"Babe. I'm fine. I didn't want to worry you." He shakes his head at me, disbelief written clearly on his face. "You're obviously not okay love. Of course I'm worried if you've been throwing up for that long. Whatever it is, you can tell me." He sighs, running a hand through his messed up hair.

I cross my arms over my stomach, trying to think of a way to avoid the topic. But I realise I should tell him, it's too important to avoid.

I take hold of his hand and lead him back to the couch, sitting down on the edge and gesturing for him to do the same.

"Bradley." His eyebrows furrow immediately, I only ever use his full name when there's something important that we need to discuss. I let out a long breath, wondering how to break the news to him. "Y/n, please tell me what's going on, because I'm starting to freak out." His usually bright eyes are clouded with concern, his mouth set into a thin line as he waits for me to speak.

"I'm pregnant." I whisper quietly, barely loud enough for him to hear me. "What?"
"I said, I'm pregnant." I raise my voice slightly, so that he can hear me clearly. His eyes widen in shock, and his breath hitches for a second. "You... you're pregnant? But... how? I mean- I know how, but... We've been using protection and everything." I swallow, avoiding eye contact as I wait for the initial shock to wear off. "Are... are you sure you're pregnant?"

I stand up and grab the three positive tests from the bathroom, taking them back to the sitting room to show Brad.

He pauses for a moment as he takes in the two clear lines on each test, before turning his focus back onto me. "When did you take these?"
"Just before you got here." He nods, deep in thought, his face not giving anything away.

He doesn't look happy, but he doesn't exactly look upset either. I can't place the look on his face, which worries me. I swallow thickly, trying to compose myself as I watch Brad's eyes flit around the room.

"Are you... mad?" His eyes snap back onto me the moment the words leave my mouth, his expression still unreadable. "Of course not. Why would I be mad?" I shrug, trying not to burst into tears.
"You don't seem to be happy about this." I gesture vaguely at my stomach, trying to seem nonchalant and failing terribly.

Brad shakes his head slightly, as if trying to clear it, before offering me a small smile. He takes one of my hands, holding it tightly between both of his slightly larger ones.

"It's...unexpected. I mean, we're still only young, and the bands busy with tours and stuff... and, well... I wasn't planning on having kids for a while, not until I'm married and-" I narrow my eyes at my boyfriend, confused. "Are you saying you don't want to keep it?" I try to keep my voice even, but it cracks near the end of my sentence.

Brad knows that I don't believe in abortion, that I think it's cruel. He already knows that no matter what, I'm not going to give up this baby. Even if it means I have to raise it on my own.

He shakes his head again, holding my hand tighter. "Even though I wasn't planning on having kids yet, I was always planning on having them with you. There's nobody else I'd rather have birth my children. So what if it's a few years earlier? We can make it work. I love you more than anything, darling. And no matter what, that's never going to change. I promise that I'll love this baby just as much. I always will."

I can't help myself. I start crying. Brad looks at me worriedly, clearly wondering if he did something wrong. I try to stop the tears, but fail miserably. Instead, I reach out and hug my boyfriend, burying my head in his shoulder. He lets out a quiet laugh before hugging me back, rocking me softly. I stay in his embrace for a few minutes, before finally pulling away and wiping my eyes. " 'M sorry I wet your shirt." Brad looks down at where my head was, and sure enough, there's a large wet stain there. He laughs quietly before pecking my lips. "Don't worry about it, darling."

He stands up, pulling off his shirt and placing it carefully on the end of the sofa before grabbing the tv remote. "What do you say we finish the movie?" I smile at him, nodding as he sits beside me, one arm wrapped around my waist and resting gently on my stomach. He lifts my shirt slightly, drawing small circles onto my bare skin as we cuddle.