01-

We live, we spend unforgettable moments, but when we die, we never come back.

Our memories are empty and we no longer feel the pain of the people we left.

Forever, this world will disappear.

*• • ◕◕════♣♣════◕◕ • •*

"It's still raining!"
Complains the old man next to me.

I give up my reading, I look through the window and see the cloudy sky and the heavy rain flooding the mainland.

"It's been a few days already. If this continues there will be a real deluge, burying us under the ruins."
He grumbles with a sigh.

"Stop worrying sir. There will be no deluge. We are not in the era of the bible, we are in the twenty first century. It's just bad weather. It will pass."
Explains one of the other passengers who remained standing.

I just smile at this little discussion between the two men.
As some people still make us in good mood even in the worst of times. Yes! Just like that person.

His face comes back to my mind. His laughs, his bright eyes and his beautiful voice. He was everything to me. My sun by day and my moon by night. Without him I am nothing.

It's been two weeks now. Two weeks that I left my family to pursue my studies at university. Two weeks that I moved to Seoul and live in GunHak's apartment. A new life and a new adventure with the best person ever. My best friend, the real friend who was always by my side since my childhood. And also the person I have always loved secretly.

When I reach my destination, I get off the bus. It is raining heavily followed by a gust. Great as an exam day. I run towards the large apartment then join the examination room.

"Student Yeo, you're late."
The supervisor, who was already distributing the copy sheets, muffles me.

"I am sorry!"
I apologize while walking to my table.

A lady comes to me and gives me my sheet.

"Don't forget to check your name on the head of the sheet carefully after filling it out."
She reminds me.

It's just a way of speaking. Of course we are not kindergarten children.
I start to write my name when my eyes run towards the big print.
" Seoul National University "
« First year entry Contest »

As expected, this is my only chance, the only opportunity, the only way for me to have a bright future. If I miss everything now, not only my future will be screwed up, but I may also disappoint my family, including GunHak.

"HwanWoong wait for me!"
A voice calls behind me.

I turn around and see KeonHee running towards me, waving his hand. As always, also motivated and full of energy.

"You seem very active. The exam was easy as cake for you?"
I tease him.

"Not really! But it's not a reason to spoil my day and make me gloomy until sunset my friend."
He answers me cheerfully.

"It is true! You are really the KeonHee I know."
I reply by patting him on the back.

"I'm hungry. Let's go eat somewhere. I'm the one paying."
He complains by making small circles on his stomach.

A cheeky smile is displaying on my face.