05-

Under an overcast sky, I waddle mechanically on the damp and vacant sidewalk. Head down, hands in pockets, I wander, my mind lost in a deep and inconsolable grief.

Thereby, I see another day coming to an end. A day just like the others before, where I see no change in the sad reality that I live.

Mourn, cold, tasteless, this is how my world looks like. Everything decays away, everything becomes a real ruin. Everything consumes me to death and even time only repeats my greatest regrets. Every day I wonder how far will this labyrinth take me...

I continue to walk while being immersed in my distant thoughts. Until a tall figure bumps into me. I moan in pain as I hold my bumped shoulder and lift my head.

"Oh!"
The boy blurted out when he saw me and a smile immediately crawls up his face.

"HwangWoong what a surprise to see you here. Nice timing , I was just looking for you."
He continues cheerfully.

"YoungJo hyung!"
I exclaim weakly.

"Where have you been? We worried about you a lot. And KeonHee even more."
He bawls, his face contorted in worry.

I bite the inside of my cheeks as I look down.
"I'm sorry Hyung. But I really needed to get some fresh air and clear my head."
I explain sorrowfully.

I see him lowering his head and sighing.

"HwanWoong I understand perfectly how you feel but you should at least have warned us. Missing school suddenly then disappear like that! We thought you-"
And he stops at the middle of his sentence, his eyes shining with tears staring at me.

I display a slight smile in my face.
I already know what he was going to tell. In fact that's what everyone fears for me. But I haven't done it yet. And I don't know why.

"Don't worry. It won't happen."
I reassure him.

His face lightens and he smiles back.
"Well, i'm relieved."
He concludes shyly and a silent comes to envelope both of us for a moment.

"Hyung, actually, I have something to tell you too. Why don't we have dinner together tonight and talk about it calmly?"
I break the silence.

"Good idea. How about going to the restaurant where SeoHo works?"
He suggests me, which instantly shocked me.

"What? SeoHo hyung works at a restaurant?"
I ask him out loud that it even looks like I yelled at him.

YoungJo chuckles.
"Of course not. I mean, he works there but part time. Only in the evenings until midnight."
He expounds.

"Ah!"
I respond while scratching my neck. Stupid of me, why is my brain so slow to get things?

"Are you coming? It's not very far from here, we can go on foot."
He beckons me to follow him and I do so without waiting.

"Fortunately the weather has calmed down compared to this morning."
He declares while looking at the sky.
I imitate him and contemplate the dark sky above us and by the way, a light breeze wafts and brushes my skin.
"Yes you're right. It's not raining tonight."
I consent while panting.

I wish it stopped raining more.

My heart is heavy again and the memories come flooding back into my mind. These bitter-sweet memories.
I bring my hand to my chest and crumple my jacket while bending slightly.
Young Jo stops and holds me back by the shoulders.
"Hey, are you fine?"
He asks me, a tinge of worry stretched out in his face.