04-

The grim past, the painful memories. However, we never manage to get them over and we're used to be fine about that. But deeply, we're hurt, wandering if there is a way to alter the timeline and have a bright future.
Unfortunately, it remains a mere hoped-for happiness. Just like a waking dream.

✧ : ✧ : ✧

It starts to rain again and it's cloudy. As this morning was still beautiful. Well, i'm used to so i don't have to complain too much. My phone rings again. I check it and as I expected it was a message from KeonHee. I don't want to answer. And I'm not ready to face him after all he said to me this morning.
I stand up from my place and go elsewhere. Don't want to go to college for today. Young Jo was right, skipping schoold is cool!
I pass in front of a cofee shop. I just want to enter.
I rush inside then take a place next the window.
"Sir, can i get your order please?"
A young woman demands me.

"Just a hot cofee please!"
I reply then gaze outside.

It's nine in the morning but the sky is so gloomy. It's dark and a great storm with a great gust is preparing. Another bad day that i must pass.

My order comes. What's the matter about drinking a hot cofee in a bad weather?
I sip on my cofee when it suddenly thunder. Everyone in the café startle in fear. Bunch of coward.
The café's door cracks at the same time.

A high school student comes in with a smashing entrance. He immediately walks over to my table and sits in front of me.
I look at him in surprise, he doesn't seem to care. And without embarrassment he takes out a cigarette in his bag and smokes.
I blink my eyes several times. Is he crazy? How can he smoke in a place like this? And also, am I invisible. He arrives like that without a greeting. Without formality nor politeness.

"Yo the high school student ?!"
I try to get his intention while waving in front of him.

He looks down on me. Seriously, who's that insolent boy?
"Yes?"
He finally answers me.

"Is this a place where you can smoke? People are all looking at you. Haven't you seen the sign pasted on a wall? No smoking."
I show him the display.

"So what?"
He answers me coldly.

"So what?"
I repeat in disbelief.

"Securities will come and get you if you keep smoking. Or else I should be the one to get you out of here!"
I continue warning him.

He laughs mockingly.
"You? You're a teenager like me too. Let's respect each other."
He declares without embarrassment.

"I'm not a teenager! I'm a college student."
I correct him.

"What is the difference ?"
He abruptly questions me.

I am speechless.
"Whatever!"
I retort while taking my coffee again.
This time I will stop fighting with an immature and brainless teenager.

"Ok I quit smoking."
He tells me suddenly throwing the cigarette into the flower pot.
I look at him, astonished.

"What?"
He asks while glaring at me.

"Nothing. Actually, aren't you supposed to be in class? Why are you here?"
I inquire.

He breathes heavily whilst laying back on the chair.
"I don't want to. That's all! What about you?"
He answers me.

"I can say the same reason as you!"
I roll my eyes.

"Ah!"
He replies then calls the waitress to order.

"I take the same as this boy."
He said to the waitress with a wink. Wow what a daring for a teenager, who wears a high school uniform, to flirt with a woman older than him.

"Why are you sitting here when there are a lot of free seats?"
I increase

"Because I like to sit near the window. It gives a better view!"
He declares to me, his eyes riveted out.

"What is there beautiful to see with this storm ?!"
I exclaim, rolling my eyes in annoyance.

"It is a habit!"
He told me, his voice becoming less emphatic.

"What do you mean ?"
I raise my eyebrow.

"When I was little, my parents used to take me to this café. They always told me that the place by the window had a better view of the outside. So you can see every weather it was doing. And every season, we take a coffee here with the family to admire the weather in the sky. "
He tells me totally in nostalgia.

"But not anymore. Besides, the weather is bad."
He continues, sighing and picking up his mug.

"Why?"
I curiously ask.

"Because they are dead."
He told me without hesitation. He is strong to tell me that so simple and without a trace of sadness on his face.

"They died in an accident a month ago."
He pursues.

I jump that I almost choked on the coffee. My heart starts to speed up.
I gently put my coffee on the table and try to control myself.
"An accident you say?"
I ask again.

"Yup. It's been on all the news. This tragic accident around Gangnam. They were going to assist an event there when it happened. Death doesn't warn."
He gives the details.

Impossible. This boy's parents were on the same bus as Gunhak. How can fate give us this twist?

"Ya!"
He snaps me out of my thoughts.

"Why are you suddenly in the moon? My story touches you?"
He laughs sarcastically.

His parents are dead but he doesn't seem to care.

"How can you be so carefree and emotionless when you talk about the death of your parents? Doesn't that make you nostalgic? It doesn't affect you at all?"
I ask him.

He giggles.
"Me? No! Not anymore. It's been a month and life goes on."
He speaks with amusement.

I frown and think. I seriously envy him. He's lucky. I can't do it. Despite all of my endeavors, I can't manage to erase him from my life.

I pant then bit my lower lip.

"I have also lost a loved one in this accident!"
I begin my story in my turn.

He looks at me. Surprised and touched at the same time.
"Really?" He queries reluctantly as a tinge of sympathy stretches out in his face.

I nod while dipping my head low. And from that moment a lightning bursts followed by a big storm and gusts. Everything is totally dark and gray as in a night.

"He was a close friend. But if he died it was because of me."
I continue.

"If only I could go back and fix everything, maybe I could save him."

I lift my head and look out again when I see GunHak across the street.

✧ : ✧ : ✧

[A/N: That's all for the chapter 4. If you liked it, please consider giving it a vote and don't forget to recommend the story to your friends and to comment down. It'll please me.]