02-

11:30 pm

I sweat on the way. I cross the sidewalk, heart beating and wet from head to toe.

I finally arrive at the apartment. He must have been worried about me. I should have written him a message or called him. It was after taking KeonHee home that I noticed that my phone was dead.

A ball of anxiety in the stomach, I open the door and go inside. All the lights are off and not the slightest noise.

Is he already asleep?

"Hyung! I came home."
I say loudly but no one answers.

Shit! I shouldn't have screamed.
I go to my room, take a shower and change.

Midnight.

I can't sleep. I should have gone to see him in his room. It seems really rude from my part. After all, I live with him.

I turn on my phone after a few minutes of charging.

10 missed calls from "Hyung"

My heart sinks again. My hands are trembling with fear. This time I'm cooked.

I'm a step outside his door. I'm looking for words. I don't know where to start and I can't even imagine his reaction at first sight.

I knock once,

No answer.

Twice,

None.

For the third time,

Nothing.

"Hyung?"

I slowly open the door and to my surprise, I face an empty room, without the slightest person.

My eyes widen. There my heart is going to have a heart attack. But where is he? At this hour ?

Before I can react, the doorbell rings.

I frown. Who can it be at this hour? Could it be Hyung?

I rush to open. An elderly woman stands in front of me, soaked by the rain. It was the old woman on the third floor.

"Madam,"

"what brings you to this hour?"
I ask her while stammering.

"Are you LeeDo's younger brother?"
She questions me in a desperate tone. (Leedo or Gunhak it's the same person. But Hwanwoong usually calls him Gunhak than Leedo)

"Yes it's me! Why? You know where he is?"

I fear the worst. It doesn't bode well for me. But I cross my fingers that this woman won't tell me any bad news.

"LeeDo is in the hospital. He had an accident."

I suffocate at hearing this news. I immediately squatted on the floor, tears streaming down.

No. It's impossible. I can't believe it. It couldn't be him.

"We tried to call you several time but you didn't answer. On the way to Gangnam, his bus had a crash and many people were injured and some even died. LeeDo was among them."
The old woman purues as everything's going blurry from my side.

I hardly try to stand up from the floor and take my jacket hooked on the coat hanger. Then I rush outside of the apartment. Onward to the hospital.

-

"Gunhak! Gunhak wake up!"

I kneel near his bed begging him to wake up.

It saddens me to see him in this state. Unconscious and injured. What happened? This morning again he was in a good health, and now, I see him laying on the hospital bed, bloody and dying.