06-

He's used to be a tough and temperamental boy. He still showed that cold and bad side. But I didn't know what was hidden behind that fake face...

"I'm sorry HwanWoong. I didn't know you knew each other. I was just going to talk to you about my cousin but I was very hesitant. The truth is that... DongJu also lost his parents in this accident in Gangnam. And since then he has been living with us. It was a difficult time for him as much as for us. But the more time passed, the more everyone pretended to be well. And DongJu showed how much he was no longer affected by what happened with his parents. Yet I could see it well. I could discern those traces of resentment hidden deep in his eyes and I'm afraid. I'm afraid he would take it all  inside him, which would be worse. I know I shouldn't be asking you this but, please help him. You're the only one who can convince him."

I keep eying him from afar. He really seems to be lost in his agonizing thoughts that I can clearly see his eyebrows frown. My heart sinks but I don't have the courage to approach him. Also, being the sheepish and taciturn type that I am, it is difficult for me to have a conversation with anyone. Especially when it comes to a person that I have just met and whose personality is still a mystery to me. But my interior is burning with desire to speak to him and my curiosity irritates me to know even more about him. To know what really happened ...

I take a deep breath, i let out my anxiety to the side and go. I run to the bus station then I take refuge among the small crowd that was there while waiting for the arrival of the bus. I take a short glance to my left side just to peek him who was not far from me. We were separated by a few people between us and with the height i have i'm literally unnoticeable or even invisible from my place. And he always kept his head down, his eyes fixed on his phone and his ears blocked by his earphones.
I sigh while looking straight in front of me. How am I going to resolve to talk to him? If I don't do it now, maybe I won't have the chance anymore since he's going to leave. My head is well divided but I prefer to speak to him. Who knows, maybe I could be a help, a comfort to him, even just a brief moment. I could, as SeoHo Hyung said, the little hope that could change the rest of his life ?! And who could possibly understand him but- me?
I tilt my head back slightly and glance at him. I gulp and my heart races. Thin films of perspiration are forming on my temples. My foot moves and the other follows automatically. But I still stagger. I approach in an unremarkable fashion until I find myself close to him after passing the little crowd standing there.
My hands suddenly get sweaty. I didn't know it was so difficult to take the first steps. I lift my head and look at him. Yet he still shows no reaction and I even wonder if he is doing it on purpose or not. I clear my throat while rolling my eyes. I finally see him react and curtly look at my side then lethargically drop his earsphones as if he was showing me how he was annoyed to see me everywhere.

"You still haven't come home? Though it's been a while since you left the restaurant."
I ask him to start.

"It's not your business."
He huffs slightly and turns his head to the front.

I bit my lips. I don't know what to say anymore. I don't want to be too straightforward and ask him if something bothered him and i'm still confused and lost as well about what SeoHo said to me lately.

What did he mean when he said by "resentment"?  Could it be possible that DongJu also regrets something he did in the past?

"How long are you planning to fasten your eyes upon me?"
I hear DongJu's voice hardening, which snaps me immediately from my thoughts.

I was zoning out that I didn't notice that I was staring at him for a long time.

"Excuse me. I was distracted for a while!"
I apologize and swiftly shift my gaze elsewhere.
He sniggers.
"Don't tell me you're falling for me?"
He taunts me whilst titling his head to the side and look at me with a smirk.