1.17 Girlfriend?

━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━

      As thanksgiving break continued sammy sat at home most of the time and babysat river. Her mom and grayson have been going on a few dates and so far she seems so happy with him. One lesson sammy learned is that if river has too much sugar he goes crazy and it's a lot to handle, so sammy hid all the candy she could find.

It was now saturday and sammy got a text from ricky saying that he was picking her up to take her to somewhere. Sammy was wondering what he had planned but she tried to not question him on text. She checked her phone and it was 7:27 and he was picking her up in 3 minutes so she sat downstairs waiting for him.

When he doorbell rang, sammy sprung from her place on the couch and walked to the door. She opened it ricky was dressed in sweatpants and a t-shirt that made her wonder where they were going.

"ready to go?" he asked

"yeah." sammy walked out of her house and locked it behind her, because her mom was at work tonight, but was coming home later

"i need to put this on you." sammy turned around and he held a blindfold

"um.. why?" he laughed at her and took a step forward

"because what i planned is a surprise."

"can i put it on in the car so i can at least walk to the car?" she joked

"oh, that would have been a smart idea."

They both walked to his car and got in and ricky immediately put the blindfolded out and sammy turned around while ricky put it over her eyes and tied it in the back. She settled in her seat after he was finished.

"no peaking."

"okay." she huffed

The ride was at least thirty minutes as ricky drove to the destination. When they arrived ricky helped sammy out of the car and led her to his backyard going through the fence door. Sammy moved her hand slowly towards his and he interlocked their fingers.

"we're outside?"

"yes." the door closed behind them and sammy knew she was stepping on grass

"okay one second." ricky let go of sammy and she started freaking out because she didn't know where she was at "sam i'm right here." he touched her arm

"oh okay." she sighed

"you can remove it." sammy slowly removed the blindfold and let her eyes adjust to the light

When she finally looked around she saw that there were fairy lights set up around ricky's backyard and in the distance was a hammock set up. She looked at ricky who was standing there with a smile on his face.

"what do you think?"

"did you really just drive in circles for thirty minutes?"

"maybe?" he said and scrunched up his face