9. New Crush And Snooping

Halima's POV

Since we met that extremely dashing Amir, Teemah has been acting weird. I don't want to be a nosy bestie so I will just wait for the time she'll be back to normal.

But we promised each other that we will never hide things from each other. And whenever we have something on our mind, we will let it all out to each other. Either way, if she doesn't tell me what is wrong by next week, I will get it out of her by hook or by crook.

Now back to that Amir. Gosh! He's the most handsome, well built and hot guy I've ever seen in my life. Let's just hope he's the confident type because I hate shy guys, they annoy me. I like guys that can walk up to any girl of their choice on this earth without giving a f***. Someone like Karan Luthra.

It's Monday again and I'm looking forward to going to school for the first time in forever. The last time I was looking forward to going to school was when Teemah finally agreed to come back to school after losing AbdulHalim. That was four years ago.

I get ready for school and our driver takes me to school. When I enter school, I see Teemah and Kalt at the tuck shop doing God knows what. Teemah never goes to the shop. It must've been Kalt that dragged her there.

I walk over to them and we pull each other in a group hug.

"Uhmmm... Actually... Uhmmm..." I stutter start once we're seated in class. I don't want Kalt to judge me for what I'm about to say.

"Halli you know i hate rough play, right?" Teemah looks worriedly at me.

"Why the suspense? Just talk!" It's Kalt that asked this time around.

"OkaysoIhaveacrushonsomeone." I say in one breath but they understand.

"Mad o! So who's the lucky guy?" Teemah wiggles her brows. Trust her to be crazy.

"It's Amir." I try to sound as nonchalant as my palpitating heart will let me.

"What?!" both Kalt and Teemah chorus.

"Yeah. What's wrong with me having a crush on Amir?" I look pointedly at Teemah.

"There is nothing wrong with that. But Halli, you just got over Ashfat. What if he also hurts you? Even though I know Ashfat wasn't at fault, but still. What if Amir is already dating? What if he considers us his sisters since we are his little sister's friends? I've seen you broken before and that is not a sight I want to behold again. Please Halli, think this through. Don't let your heart lead you to oblivion." Teemah is using her mother voice.

"Don't worry Teemah. I know you care about me and I really appreciate it but if I keep on being rational I'll never love again in my life so why ruin my life?" Teemah sighs.

"But you know that Fati is right. Just because he's my brother doesn't mean I want to see one of my best friends hurt by him." Kalt reaches out to touch me but I move back.

"You guys should just leave me alone! I know what am doing so if you can leave me to my decisions I'll really appreciate it." I snap at them. Teemah widens her eyes but keeps quiet. She for one knows better than to say anything.

"Toh shikenan {ok}. At least we know we tried." Kalt shrugs.

I just hope they are not hurt by what I said. But they should try to understand, I'm not a small girl. I know exactly what I'm doing and if something happens to me in the process, I know better than to blame anyone.

Just as Teemah stands up, Amir comes to class to come and talk to Kalt. I try to make him notice me. I don't know if he ever noticed me before but even if he did, he has not showed it since we met two weeks back.

I walk to him, adding a dramatic sway to my steps to start a conversation with him but to my utmost surprise, he asks Teemah if he can talk to her in private. Can't he at least be a little polite? I get it if he isn't in the mood to talk but he could've simply excused himself but instead, he chose to pretend I'm not even here.

"What is wrong with Amir?" I ask angrily.

"I saw what he did and I apologize on his behalf. But hey, that's how crushes behave. Especially when they are not aware that a beautiful, sassy and intelligent girl like you is into them." Her words make me blush like a love-struck bride on her wedding day receiving her first kiss from her husband.

But I still am not going to let it slide. I will follow them and hear what was so important that he did what he did.

"I'm coming." I smile at Kalt.

I start to walk behind them, stopping at intervals to give a little distance between us.

Come what may, I will find out what Teemah is hiding and what Amir wants to tell her today.

Fatimah's POV

Amir literally drags me out of the class causing everyone we pass by to look at us suspiciously. He takes me to the carpentry workshop and I follow without any question even though I don't like what is happening, not one bit of it.

We reach there and he slams the door behind us.

"What is that all about?!" I snap.

"Fatima, do you remember the day you met me crying and said I should look for someone to confide in?"

"Yeah so what happened? Have you found that someone?"

"Yeah, and she's standing right in front of me. That someone is you." Amir replies smiling like he has won a lottery. But his smile just annoys me.

"Okay, I'm angry. I'm very angry. So you literally dragged me like your sallah ram from my class all the way here just to tell me this?" I'm very sure I look comical.

"No, that's not all. I want to ask you to do me a favor and pretend to be my..." He's cut off by the sound of something dropping. We both check. My eyes widen in realization, Halli was following us, listening to our conversation. I never stalk her or try to know things she never tells me about so why is she doing that?

I notice the surprise on Amir's face but I ignore it.

"Let's talk later." I look at Halli and walk away.