26. End Of Story And Trip

Fatima's POV

I wake up in my room, how that happened, I don't know. I try to sit up but my whole body aches, I don't even know how, why, when, I'm just confused. I try to get off the bed but I end up falling down off the bed which makes me scream.

I see the door open and Ya Sa'eed all clad in a black suit with green bow comes in. I expect him to close the door but instead someone I don't want to see comes in.

Halli.

I glare at her then turn my face away. She comes and tries to pick me up but I refuse to budge.

"Now is not the time to get all stubborn. You're not feeling too well so you need to cooperate with me and get up." I widen my eyes in surprise. She helps me up.

"Ya Sa'eed, I need to talk to you, alone." Halli leaves.

"Does she know? About the aljanu?" Ya Sa'eed nods in the affirmative.

"Rest, Ammi and Abba were called by Aunty Fareeda but they'd be back before Isha." I lay down and fall asleep almost immediately.

Halima's POV

"One day, she entered toilet in the evening to perform ablution and she slipped. She sprained her ankle and it was bleeding, then her breathing was hitching, she started shouting I can't breathe, I can't breathe. Abba rushed her to the hospital, at that time Ammi had traveled.

"Abba came home and said that i should pack some clothes for her and come and stay with her in the hospital, that she has been admitted. I did as told and while in the hospital, she was shouting AbdulHalim don't go, please I'll follow you, let's die together. Please.

"I was very scared. I thought she was going to die. She was clutching her chest, even in sleep tears were coming from her eyes. I was very scared. I called the doctor and they injected her. He asked me to call Abba. I told him I couldn't because it was 2am. He said it was urgent so I immediately called him. Abba came with puffed eyes.

"We were called to the doctor's office and he told us that she was slowly getting depressed and she had something similar to a combination of minor heart disease and stomach ulcer. It can only be triggered extreme hunger and emotions like sadness, anger, hurt, heartbreak and the likes.

"Abba was scared. We all were, so we started giving her all she wanted. Everything, no matter the price she got it. Slowly she started healing and Alhamdulillah she's all better now."

"Wow." is all I can mutter. We hear the door open. Ammi and Abba, come in. Ammi looks very worried. Abba on the other hand is emotionless. I greet them. 

They go upstairs leaving me all alone. And my thoughts drift to all what Ya Sa'eed told me just now.

My best friend, Fatima Abba Sulayman went through all that! Wow. But why didn't she tell me about the sickness? I understand the reason she didn't tell me about the Jinn but she could've told me about the sickness, what if it got triggered in school?

I video call mummy and she picka at the second ring.

"mummy na{my mummy} when are you guys coming back am so lonely." I pout. Mummy glares at me.

"These scientists should really create something that you can use to send things virtually, I would've given this daughter of yours a virtual knock." I chuckle which earns me another glare. We talk and she says that they'd be coming back on Friday next week.

"Can I stay at Teemah's." Daddy agrees and after series of warnings we end the call. I go to Teemah's room and enter without waiting for her permission. She's asleep anyways.

I lay down and connect to their Wi-Fi. I start chatting and I hear the Adhaan {call to prayer} for Maghrib prayer. I wake Teemah up.

"What do you want? Why are you disturbing my peace huh? Don't you know I'm sick?" I roll my eyes.

"Abeg nikam I don't have your time. Get up and pray, an kira sallan Maghrib {the call to Maghrib prayer has been made}." I snap back at her. She scoffs.

"I'm not praying kar ki ishe ni{don't disturb me}". I widen my eyes in surprise, did she just say she's not going to pray?

I enter the toilet and take some water in the cup that holds her toothbrush, toothpaste and shaving stick. I pour the contents in the sink.

I enter the room and splash the water on her face

"What the... Oh Halli you're so dead." I laugh at her facial expression and she glares at me.

"Waton dariya ma kike koh {so you're even laughing}? Hehehe awoni {your own has finished}."

"Meye kuma awoni, wayaga she don sabi dey speak fulani {what is awoni, as per she has started learning how to speak fulani}."

"kutumelesi!" Teemah glarea at me then throws a pillow at me.

We have a pillow fight and we hear the prayer being started. We pray and go down to cook dinner together. We are almost done making tuwon masara and miyan shuwaka when Ammi calls us.

"Halima you might need to go get some clothes from your house tomorrow because we're going to Gombe next tomorrow. We're going for a family meeting so your parents said we should take you along with us. They said they'll meet us there. Fatima you'll follow her and then we'll pick you up from there to go shopping and we'll spend the night at Fareeda's house. We're leaving together with Fareeda, her husband and her kids." We nod and Teemah drags me to her room. She squeals and hugs me. We start packing every single thing she'll need in Gombe.

After we've finished making dinner and everyone has eaten we go to bed, excitement due to the sudden trip brewing in my stomach. I simply can't wait!