28. Wedding Events

Halima's POV

I wake up quite early because all the females in the house are supposed to have a session with the gyaran jiki crew.

I dress in a black leggings and a black short sleeved top then tie a black turban on my head. I don't even have my breakfast before Teemah comes and drags me out of the room into a large parlor.

I have my gyaran jiki session. It's though my skin looks beautiful and smooth but still. I leave to go bathe and sleep but Teemah's aunt - the mother of the brides, Aunty Maryam - stops me.

She asks me to take sone food to where the gyaran jiki session is being held. Albeit I'm tired, famished, drained and sleepy I can't say no to her.

I end up taking seven big trays filled with snacks and ten packets of soft drinks together with the maids. How they are going to finish all of it, I honestly don't know. I start going to the room when she stops me again and says I should please help her take some snacks around the house.

I open my mouth to politely decline when Ya Sa'eed comes and takes it from her.

"Let me help you with that. Keh ma fah you're a bride, you can't be working like this." Aunty Maryam smacks him and waves me away. I send him a smile that spells thank you and he winks at me. I can't help but blush.

Ya Sa'eed has been such a sweetheart, saving me from his Aunt that keeps on taunting me, the one that insulted us the day we arrived whose named happens to be Aunty Nana. He has been helping me and i can't help but say that I might be falling for him.

And though I haven't returned any of the sweet words he throws me indirectly or the messages he sends at the most random times, he's still being as sweet as ever. I can't help but think, he seems too good to be true.

I walk to our room and lay down to sleep. I sleep off only to wake up some minutes to 10am. I hurriedly take a cold bath and change into an A-lined material gown with two pockets and a high neck. I pick my phone and check it. The battery is drained. I can't risk leaving my phone here and getting it stolen so I rush outside to Mummy's car. The driver arrived yesterday with mummy and daddy's luggage.

He greets me and we enter the car, we're going to pick mummy and daddy. I plug my phone into the car charger and play music in the car. We arrive at the airport at 1pm dot.

We wait and once their plane lands we drive back and arrive some minutes to 3pm. We pray Zuhr and Asr then eat. After everything I collect mine and Teemah's Saari and leave them to rest.

We start helping to make the wedding preparations. I help with the food, snacks and all other edibles while Teemah helps with the decorations of the event centers since the brides' father said he isn't paying for anything other than food and clothes the brides will wear. Apparently, it's part of the punishments.

The rest of the week is whiled away like that and then the day for the Kamu comes. Since the wedding was rushed only the brides' friends wear anko. The color of the day is wine and black. The brides and their respective grooms wear wine and cream while the friends wear wine and peach. The whole decor is on point.

We dance a lot. After all the dancing I move out of the hall to receive some fresh air. I feel the hair at the back of my nape stand. It's as if someone is following me. I turn and see a guy who should be around nineteen to twenty years old. He's wearing a wine kaftan and a black cap perched perfectly on his head.