25. Attack And Story Time

Halima's POV

I look at myself one last time in the mirror and grin. I look dashing in my blue gown.

It's fitted to the lower bust then flows from there down to my feet. It has long sleeves. Nothing more. It's simple, yet elegant.

I opt for simple makeup instead of my normal heavy makeup. I apply powder, arch my brows lightly and stain my lips with a nude lipstick then add a gloss to give it a glassy look.

For the eyes I do a light smokey eye shadow with dark blue, black and silver eye shadow. I draw cat eyes, apply kohl then lastly mascara.

I tie a blue satin on my head in a complex manner. I wear my silver earrings and rings, one on my index finger and the second on my middle finger, all on my right hand.

I wore two silver bangles on my right and a wristwatch on my left. I twirl in front of the mirror countless times. It's the first time that I've opted for simple makeup and it's definitely my new favorite look.

I pick my phone the same time ut rings. I accept the call and Ya Sa'eed's voice comes.

"I'm outside your house waiting fah." I quickly tell him I'm coming and pick my silver side bag and slip my inhaler, phone and earpod into it.

I slip my leg into my favorite silver stiletto and drape a moderate silver veil on my shoulder. I rush down and lock the house.

I enter the car and call mummy and she picks at the third ring.

"Hello Halima ya kike?" I can hear a man's voice from the background.

"Lafiya mummy ya aiki ya daddy?"

"Komai lafiya. Talk fast I'm in a conference." I can hear the frown in her words.

"Okay daman zamuje partyn ne yanzu Ya Sa'eed ya dauke ni."

"Okay toh have you locked the house? Did you recite the du'a i taught you for leaving the house?" I lower my voice to reply.

"Yes mummy amma I forgot the du'a please remind me." Ya Sa'eed gives me a brief glance. 

"Ai na fada miki. I told you to write it down amma you claimed that you have a retentive memory. Tell Sa'eed to remind you i need to go." She ends the call.

"Uhm. Ya Sa'eed, please what's the prayer for leaving the house?" I'm beyond embarrassed. As a muslim I'm supposed to know this du'as but I don't.

"Okay repeat after me, Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim. Bismillahi tawakaltu alalahi walahaula wala quwwatta illa billah." I repeat after him and we continue the process till we reach school. I thank him and we saunter into school.

We enter the hall and see everyone rushing to the corridor leading to the dressing rooms. I hear an ear piercing screech. Why does it sound like Teemah?

I rush in that direction. After scurrying through people I finally get to the front and there lays Teemah in a cloth that exposes a lot of skin.