Relationships

Jacoby and Seraphina:
Ironically, Apoth!Phase and Seraphina (Emily Jane) refuse to admit their feelings for each other. For a long time, they consider themselves close (best) friends.
...
Before the Apotheosis phase, Icicle falls into his "popsicle phase" coma. This phase is when the icicles completely consume him and put him in a deep sleep. Seraphina waits endlessly for him to wake up. Over time, she doesn't think he'll survive and admits her love for him. Of course...Icicle can't hear her.
...
Once Icicle wakes up and becomes Apotheosis (there's extreme amounts of detail I'm skipping over lol), Seraphina wonders if he ever heard her confess her love to him. Of course he doesn't, but she's still paranoid about it. After some time goes by, she realizes Apoth doesn't hint at any romantic inclination.
...
During young Apoth's new life, he is solely focused on bettering himself. This slightly disappoints Seraphina because she feels slightly rejected, even though he never denied her. She wonders if she should ever repeat what she said to him.
...
Seraphina figures she is his best friend before anything else, and decides to push away her feelings.
...
When he first became Apoth, he lost extreme amounts of weight from the Icicle!Phase and became extremely weak. Seraphina helps him by giving him a place to live and coaches him to build positive work habits to become healthy. Young Apoth sleeps a lot and gets sick easily. He can barely tolerate cooler temperatures without shaking and he can't stand long. Once he gains more muscle mass, these hindrances are no more. He still doesn't like the cold, but he can tolerate cool temperatures. He becomes more muscular than Jack, specifically in the shoulders. He's a soft Dorito boy.
...
Slowly Seraphina's feelings toward Apoth creep back in. She finds his protectiveness and self-reliance extremely attractive. She's hesitant to show him affection.