+34+

Jungkook placed his phone down worriedly.

Did he actually piss Taehyung off?

He knew that they joked around a lot but it didn't seem quite right that he hadn't responded.

Maybe he's just studying.

"Should I call him?" The boy mumbled to himself reaching out for the phone once again.
"Maybe not. But actually—"

But before he could, there was a ring at the door.

Confused, Jungkook walked to the entrance and opened the door to see an annoyed Taehyung.

"Taehyung?"

"Move." The older brushed past him, welcoming himself into the others home.

"Come in? I guess?" Jungkook answered with a raised brow. He closed the door and followed Taehyung into the room.
"Um so-"

"You know you're really annoying over text?" Taehyung blurted out.

"Oh, uh I'm sorry? I guess?"

"You literally think I wasn't happy when you told me that you finished your song and then you proceed to get mad at me for no reason."

"Okay, I really did think you were making fun of me though."

"But I never said I was?" Said the older. "You're a literal over-thinker."

"Ok no,—"

"Yeah, you are. I reply with 'oh that's great!' And you thought it was a joke and I made fun of you. Like??? I'm the confused one here. What did I do wrong?" Taehyung explained almost running out of breath in frustration.

Jungkook looked at how red the other had gotten and closed his mouth shut.

"So?"

"I-" Jungkook opened his mouth to respond. But his mind didn't know what to say. "I don't know. I just thought you were making fun of me."

"How?"

"Because- because I guess last time we talked about it, it sounded like you were so I just assumed." The younger explained, rubbing the back of his neck.

Taehyung sighed.
"It was a joke Jungkook." He clearly stated.

"I know, but I guess I'm just—" Jungkook hesitated. Was he supposed to be honest? "I'm afraid of what you think of me."

Taehyung put on a confused look.
"Why would you think that?"

The younger broke his gaze from the other and mumbled, "Nevermind. I don't even know." He said brushing it off.

"Jungkook—"

"Want to listen to the song?"

"What?"

"The song I made. You can be the first one to listen to it." Jungkook suggested.

"Oh- okay." Taehyung responded awkwardly, confused by the sudden change of topic.
"I mean that's what you wanted to tell me right?"

"Yeah."

Jungkook plugged in a USB in his computer and clicked on a file named, 'Neighbor'.
He turned up the volume and clicked 'play'.

The melody was quite catchy, starting off with mellow guitars gradually leading up to an upbeat tempo that brought the song together.
Jungkook's transcending voice echoed throughout the speakers, making Taehyung give the chills. He sounded so easy and natural to the ears, it surprised the older.

Taehyung tapped his fingers along the beat, carefully listening to the lyrics.

"Like everyday
Throughout the day
Head in the books
no time for play

I wish you'd understand
That I want to hold your hand

Those late nights I ask you out
Hoping you'd say yes

Hello neighbour

Down to play again?
Knock on the door again?

Just to see you smile
Just to see you laugh

Hello neighbour......"

It didn't take long for Taehyung realized that this song was about him and Jungkook. Or was it?

I mean it's about us right?
He thought.

When the song was over Jungkook turned to look at him.
"So, what did you think?"

"I love it. But- is this about me? Or about us?" He asked.

Jungkook cleared his throat before answering, "No. Nope it's not. I mean this is the first time composing and writing the lyrics but no it's not about—us."

"Oh." Taehyung replied, somewhat sounding disappointed. He didn't know why he felt that way, but quickly pushed the thoughts aside.
"The song sounds amazing. Are you going to upload it?"

"I'm thinking about it. But I don't know if my fans will like it." Jungkook answered honestly.

"Why would they not like it? It sounds better than most of the music out there." He chuckled.

"You really think?"

"I don't lie."