12

Y/n POV
I threw myself at him knowing he wouldn't expect it. I'm using this surprise attack to gauge Dabis reaction time. He moved, but not fast enough. I hit the pavement in a roll, landed in a crouch. He came at me fast using his fire to propel himself forward. I dodged in a nick of time feeling the heat singed my face. I launched myself forward drop to the ground and made a sweep with my leg. Dabi faltered but it wasn't enough to bring him down.

He quickly took this as an opening and brought down a wall of flames, I quickly countered acted with my own wall of ice.  A crippling blow sent me flying.  I quick to react and got to my feet. Dabi smiled for what looked like the first time of pure happiness. I smiled back. 

We went at it for what seemed hours. I quickly was losing my endurance during the battle, but my seemingly skilled ingrained hand-to-hand combat is what kept me going for so long. I finally gave up after Dabi fucking body-slammed me to the floor. But ... I liked the way he had me pinned down so I wasn't complaining.

We were now sitting in the living room. We ended up talking about random things, and the times we ran away from the cops, how many times we stole just for the fun of it. It was nice. Until-

"So is Dabi you're real name or... is that something you just like to go by?" I chirped.

I saw Dabi stiffen and I immediately regretted asking in the first place. A hefty silence consumed me.

"You know what, just forget I just asked that dumbass shit. You ain't gotta tell me if you don't want to. Do you want to know my villain name? Granted it won't sound as badass yours but-"

"Touya, Todoroki." He said cutting me off my stupor. 

I blinked, slowly processed what he said.

"I won't ever call you that,"

Dabi looked at me in surprise. His posture seemed even stiffer than before. Dammnit. Why did I have to go and open my big ass mouth?

"Why?"

"Because ... you clearly don't like the name. I think Dabi suits you better... But hey that's just me don't get the wrong idea that-"

"You are not angry in my relation t-to him? Or ask why- I'm not a hero or some shit," he spat the question out bitterly.

The way he said that pulled at my heartstrings. I got up from where I was on the couch and moved closer to him.  I quickly pulled him in my arms his head laying on my chest.

"No,  and I could give two shits about your dad right now. He's probably the reason why your damn scarred up, to begin with, not saying that you'll be more attractive without them because then I would be fucking lying. But that's beside the point, your dad didn't make you who you are, you did. And you know what! I think it makes you more badass than before. Becoming a villain was the biggest fuck off I ever saw." 

It was silent. Then I heard it. The sniffles, the sobs. He was crying. He buried his face deeper into my chest his arms tightening around me. I didn't say anything but rub his dark locks soothingly. Just as quickly as he started he stopped. 

"Thank you, you have no idea how long I wanted to hear that from someone." He croaked into my shirt.

I smiled. 

"Your welcome," I said still running my fingers through his hair.

He seemed to purr at me rubbing his locks. I could see him as a  black tabby with his signature scars and cerulean blue eyes. The thought made me giggle.  Dabi tilted his head up to look at me.

"What's so funny?" 

"You're like a cat"

"Huh?"

"You were just purring from petting you."

Dabi rolled his eyes.

"Whatever just keep going, please?"

I smiled again.  I pushed him off me.

"H-hey what gives!"

I stood up. 

"We need to take a shower."

"Oh, are you saying that we can do it together?"

I took one hard long look at him.

"If that's what you want, But I took for a patience type of guy, guess I was wrong," I said trudging towards his room. 

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing, come on if your coming." I teased

I heard him mutter and growl under his breath. He got up and followed me into the bathroom.  

Turns out Dabi a pretty gentle guy. He offered to wash my hair and everything. We didn't even do anything sexual. It was a nice comfortable atmosphere. 

Once we were out we got dressed and flopped on the bed. Well more flopped on the I bed while he went into the kitchen to cook us something to eat.

He came back with two bowls of well-seasoned ramen. I smiled. We act watch some random t.v show and fell asleep. I wished this peacefulness will last.