Question:What are my thoughts on the SUF Finale/Negative Reception/who's fault?

This question comes from waterismeandiamwater

This question comes from waterismeandiamwater .

Well I'll just be honest:

The Finale felt very unsatisfying. It felt more like it was just being rushed so it could be done rather than an actual solid ending.

So many questions were left unanswered. And I'm just gonna say it: Corrupted Steven never needed to happen and was just fanservice for edgelords who liked that theory.

Having Connie be the "hero" who saves Steven was even worse and just made that whole thing a cliche joke.

Now as far as who's at fault for the massive amounts of negative reception? While CN played a part, Rebecca's post Finale Interviews damn her in a lot of ways as well:

I'm sorry, but Rebecca has no excuse other than laziness for this.

I mean, Peridot saying "You're Treating them like real people" kinda shows how Rebecca is contradicting herself with not showing Steven's progess and using such a hypocritical excuse for it.

"I wanted the character to finally have privacy."

HE'S A CARTOON CHARACTER!!!

"Whoa, you're treating them like they're real people!"

Rebecca needs to take her own damn advice to heart.

I lost so much respect for her when I first read that, and reading it again lowered it even more.

Showing the actual recovery process is a damn good thing to show!
Very few cartoons show therapy sessions for characters and do it well, this could have been a great opportunity. But nah, let's give an animated drawing his privacy that doesn't exist!

Honestly? This was just an excuse not to animate it or put effort into it, if you ask me.

But it's fine to "Violate Steven's privacy" when we're showing his trauma and decline and all that but not when he's recovering? Bullshit.

Say what you want, but I'm leaning more towards the side of "didn't want to do it". Seeing him healing in therapy and happy at the end would have been a much better ending than the one we got.

So yeah: The Negative Reception? Rebecca deserves every bit of it for the half assed job that was SUF.

The_Lovely_Starlight

EndieStories

Lurkerbelow

mama_kurogiri

KingMythLord

katlady1

Zach150

CorruptedDiamond

The_Diamond_Hybrid

Halseboys