02: A civil war?

Disclaimer and spoilers!!! Skip this message if you're avoiding spoilers!!! I am sure you guys are aware Anastacius is one of the villain in the story, however I want to change the plot a bit. Big Sorry for the ones who don't enjoy this kind of stories!

"What a nice family reunion, right, Claude?.." Anastacius smirks in a mocking way. He then noticed how furious Claude looked. "Well this is an unpleasant family reunion.."

Claude then cast a magic sword tied to his grip and aimed it at Anastacius.

However Anastacius views this as a joke, even if his life is hanging on a thread line. "Are you sure?.. you wanted to kill me infront of your precious one and only daughter?.. until you do.. think what will she thinks about you next" He said. 

Claude seems hesitant in his behaviour. Anastacius seems to enjoy his little brother's morality being challanged by him. He then grinned at Claude. But he noticed someone he hasn't deal with. "And for you.. Penelope.. you claimed our child.. his and yours?.. what a shame.."

Penelope's leg seems to crumble, unable to stand due to fear. Jennette then rushed over to Penelope to help her. "A-anastacius.. I-" Penelope stuttered. Her mouth is even too afraid to drop a word.

"Jenette doesn't even have a royal name.. nor she even deserve one, knowing she came from a women like you." Anastacius said as he looked over to Jennette.

"Be quite" Claude said and striked Anastacius with his magic.

But his magic was blocked unconciously by Athy's love.

Anastacius then starts to enter the portal he made. 

Claude looked at little Athy getting carried away, he then got flashbacks of what happened to his late lover as well. Getting carried away from him. Everything. 

"N-no.." He stuttered. He felt like he has to keep her, but he doesn't know the reason why it is so important to have her with him. He tried to attacked him again, but this time, his magic is blocked by Anastacius himself.

"Give her back.. don't take her away!" His voice cracked as his breathe seems to struggle due to his panic, this led him to continuously attack  his own brother. No matter what, his powers is always weaker than his brother's. Claude starred at Anastacius until he can't see him again.

"F-father?.." Jennette called, and grab his clothes.

"D-don't call me that.." He said, coldly.  "Stand up, Penelope. You're embarrassing me"

"Y-your majesty.. he's lying!" Penelope cried, trying to defend herself. But Claude seems to not care about Penelope and her daughter, Jennette. He walked away instead. His face looks dark and mad.

'He's suppost to be dead! I've stabbed him! I've stabbed him with both of my arms!' He slam everything thats on his desk to the floor, the noice of books and pens hitting the floor echoed in the silent room. 'I've kill him! He is dead!' He thought.

"Father?.." Jennette called. Her hands holding the door knob trembles. She bit her lips and starred at Claude with her shaky eyes.

"Jennette?.. Come here.." He said. He opens his arms and squat down so Janette can reach him.

Jennette immediately run to Claude with her tiny legs and hugged him. Claude lifted her up and hold her tightly. 'It's been awhile.. since I carry Athy.. when was it?.. 2 years ago.. when she was just 4. She was the one who come to me first. And hugged me. She also put a flower crown on top of my head..' He thought.

"Father?.. I'm tired.." Jennette said, and yawned.

Claude nods and carry her to her room.

'When did Janette came?.. how did this happened?..' He thought and tried to remember.

'2 years ago, was it?...

"Your majesty.. lady Penelope had arrived" A guard informed.

Claude puts Athy down and nods. "I'll be back.."

"Cla- Ah.. your majesty.." Penelope bow down in front of Claude.

Claude directly sat down in his chair. He see his tea is already served and still warm, so he decided to drink it. "Talk" He said, coldly.

Penelope smirked. He watched Claude drinks. And she made sure to wait some extra minutes to ensure more that the potion worked. "Your majesty.. I have your daughter.. your one and only"

Few weeks went by, Penelope and a little young brunette lady started to be around the castle more often. It seems like those two got Claude's attention more and more, making him forgetting a certain presence.  Athy stand behind Claude, gripping into his clothes.
She see the two mother and daughter enters the room.
Her eyes widened as she see that other girl enters the room where it should be just Claude and Athy.

"She's your real daughter.. Jennette" Penelope smiled and showed Jennette whose smile is so sugar coated. 

Athy couldn't believe this. Her hands started to shake and tried to get a grip of her father, Claude, however she got to let go as Claude walk towards Janette and lifted her up. Her eyes started to tear up. Her father who already been cold suddenly during the past weeks.

She then looked at Penelope, who's giving Athy an evil smile at her.
Athy's eyes widened, tears started to drop.

"Yes.. Janette is your only Daughter.."