05: A friend of her age?..

After several dreadful of hours of waiting, back and forth, Anastacius finally noticed Athy's eyelids are moving and so are her fingers. "Athy?.. Are you awake?" He asked in a very worry yet relieve tone. He came closer to check on her. Athy let out a big cry and hugged Anastacius in fear, "Hush.. it's okay my dear.. does it still hurt?" Anastacius reassured and made sure.

Athy tried to move her body and poked her head, it is safe to say she is fine at the moment since she felt no pain, or whatsoever. "No" She shooked her head.

"That's good to hear.." Anastacius sighed in relief and pats her head. "Seeing her awake and fine are possible thanks to you, mr Lucas" Anastacius smiled and thanked the young boy who looked powerless.

The so called boy named Lucas, coughed and put on his coat to let them know he's freezing. "I am so sorry, your highnesses, for I not have enough mana to heal her to the fullest. However, from time to time, her energy and power will be able to recover to its fullest" Lucas said in a sorrow voice, as if he is tired after all that. However, Lucas was plotting something. He did not intend to be evil, but he sense that something that is not right. Perhaps..

"Thats okay, you have worked very hard. Well done, you can rest now" Anastacius gently shook Lucas' hand and smiled. Anastacius' smile doesn't sit right with Lucas.

'Why is the late crown prince here?.. His head was slayed by his own brother before.. I saw it.' Lucas asked himself. "You are always welcome, your highness.." Lucas replied. His voice seems suspicious.

"I believe you have something in mind, am I right? Great wizard?.." Anastacius stared into Lucas' eyes. He seems a bit serious about this matter, "Well even if you have, we can discuss it together, outside"

Lucas nods to Anastacius' words, himself is also worrying about making a scene here, infront of the little princess. He has caused enough trouble to the royal family, and he does not want to encounter Anastacius, knowing his background.

After the tension build up in the room between the blonde and the wizard. Duke Roger entered the room with a servant, following him from behind with a tray of glasses of water. "I heard that her little highness is awake? I've brought a drink for her and also as the magician requested" Roger informed.

Lucas went over to the servant and grabbed a glass of water. One for himself.. and another one? He ran back to his chair, before he take a seat, he offered the other glass to Athy and smiled. "I hope we can be friends forever, princess!" He smiled cutely. Athy gave him a disgust face and took the glass of water rudely.

"My..my.. Athy, that is not how you treat someone who just healed you" Anastacius giggled and pats Athy's head softly as she drank her water. 

Watching the Late Crown Prince's behaviour towards Athy made Lucas confused. He was rumoured to be ruthless and mean, as well as cold. He was said to only be soft towards ladies of his liking, but mean towards his little brother and his properties. He is confused that he learned Athy was Anastacius' brother's daughter, but why is he so caring and kind towards her.

"Athy?" Anastacius called, breaking the silence. "Are you tired? Perhaps you need more rest?" Anastacius asked, being a worried father he is. 

Athy shooked her head, "No." Then her eyes suddenly widened and shined brighter than before, "Oh no! I made you a flower crown! In garden!" She said in panicked and jumped off the bed to rush to the garden.

Anastacius couldn't believe his eyes. A little girl who has been in deep sleep for about 2 months, can already run with her 2 feet properly. He grinned a bit, finding her a bit amusing and interesting, it reminded him of someone he has long lost but can't remember. Not wanting to be left out by her too, he slowly follower her from behind.

As they reached the garden, Athy grabbed the sunflower and cornflowers crown she made.

"I made one for you" She smiled with a pale smile, perhaps she really haven't fully recovered. She told Anastacius to bend down. And when he did, she slowly placed the crown on his head. "You may not be the king like my old papa, but you are my king!" She giggled.

Anastacius froze for a while, hearing those words really touched his heart someway. "Thank you, my lady. It really is beautiful and pretty, just like you" He smiled widely and hugged Athy.

After some garden walk, Anastacius decide to go back to his paper work. He left Athy to Lucas' care. Even thought Anastacius notice Lucas is careless, but he thought at least Athy would have a company while he's busy. Athy seems disappointed to get left with a douchebag, but she will bare with it for Anastacius. 

Upon walking the empty corridor, Anastacius noticed Roger is waiting in front of his office doors. "why hello there.. duke Roger. Is there something you would like to say?" He asked.

"Nothing much" Roger replied, "I was just wondering how long will you keep on staying here?" He continued.

"Hmmm.. about couple of days. Why? You wanted to kick me out? To renovate this area? Sell your mansion?" Anastacius asked and chuckled.

Roger gave him an annoyed look, he's tired with Anastacius' jokes, it felt dry for him. "Err.. no- Just wondering. I've asked the guard to prepared your mansion" Roger continued.

•••
In another room, where it is well decorated with tall bookshelves, large windows, and two soft couches facing each other with a long coffee table in between, as well as a stack of beautifully colored flowers arranged neatly in a vase placed in the table. And as well as the blonde lady and a little boy chomping down all the brownies. "So.. princess?.." Lucas called, his intention was to break the silence.

"Athy is okay too" Athy smiled, it sounded more like she is trying to correct Lucas, or to show she is not that comfortable being called that with a person of her age.

"Hm, right. Athy" Lucas scoffed, "But anyways.. Why didn't you tell me you possessed some magic in you?" 

Athy looked up at Lucas, stared at him for a while, signaling that she doesn't understand what Lucas is saying. "Huh? What? Athy does not have magic." Athy said. She then grabbed a piece of chocolate and feed it to Blacky, since chocolate is also Blacky's favorite. 

"The magic mostly roams freely in your body" Lucas pointed at her. "You have magical power. Maybe you are born with it, or you earn it somehow. It's still weak. But when you touch blacky, it seems to make a contraction"

Athy, at this age, does not understand what Lucas just said. She has never receive any education about magic or such. So she just gave him a confused smile and continued to play with Blacky.

"Or.. whatever" Lucas murmured and crossed his arms, feeling annoyed.

After few quiet minutes of Lucas chewing.. Athy walked closer towards Lucas, and smiled. "Thank you, Lucas!" She hugged him out of the sudden.

Lucas felt like he was being ambushed by a mini blondy. "What the?.. Hah?!" He spat out, being confused.

"You saved me" Athy explained and hugged him tigther. 

"Yes.. um.. your welcome"
Lucas replied.

Athy giggled at Lucas bright red face, while Lucas was looking at the window to avoid eye contact with her and to cover his blushing tomato face.