12. Hair

Featuring, a beautiful picture of Aimie Atkinson! (This is what Kitty's hair looks like after she and Anne are done!)

Katherine Howard POV

I keep tossing and turning as I try and close my eyes. Eventually I give up and sit in my bed, looking over at Anne. Anne sits up too and asks,

"Can't sleep either?" I nod. "I have an idea," Anne continues saying after turning on a bigger light in our room.

"What?" I ask curiously

"How about we dye our hair! I really want to put some green in mine, and you'd look great with pink!"

"We don't have any dye... or bleach," I say

"We could sneak out to get some..." I frown slightly. "There won't be many people out!" I sigh and nod.

"Okay... I guess we can do it."

"Yay!!" Anne says excitedly. Not wanting to wake the others I put a finger to my mouth. Anne nods and slips into her clothes from today. She goes downstairs as I change and follow her. We sneak out onto the quiet street and run over to the nearest shop.

"Ooooo, look! They have lime green dye!" I smile as Anne picks up a bottle. I look at the shelves and decide to go with hot pink for mine. We also grab two bottles of bleach, pay, and run back home. Quietly we go back upstairs and start bleaching our hair.

"Oh my gosh! You're doing that much?" I hear Anne ask. I look up to see her only holding a few strands of hair. I laugh and say,

"Might as well go full out..." Anne laughs as well. We rinse out the bleach and I look at my hair. It's half blonde half dark brown.

"Now for the fun stuff!" Anne exclaims while grabbing her bottle of dye. I grab mine and start covering the blonde half of my hair with pink. Then I brush it to spread the dye through all of my hair. I rinse out the dye and grab the hairdryer and dry everything. It takes a while but eventually I'm finished. I turn to look at Anne who was watching me, I see that she has a huge smile on her face and quickly turn to look in the mirror. Half of it's pink! It's amazing! I smile and give the hairdryer to Anne. She finishes quite quickly and we start cleaning everything up. I grab the leftover hair dye and bring it into our room to keep. It's about 8:00 when we climb back into bed. I look over at Anne who now has a couple of strands of bright green on each side of her head and smile.

"That was awesome!" I say quietly, and Anne nods. We wait until it's 9:30 and hear Jane calling us for breakfast.

"You ready?" Anne asks. I nod and we walk down together. As we enter the kitchen I hear several gasps and Jane exclaim,

"What did you do?!"

"We dyed our hair!" Anne says smiling.

"Wow," Anna says looking at me. Catherine just shakes her head, and Parr keeps reading. We sit down for breakfast. When we're finished I yawn, feeling tired after not sleeping. Jane notices and frowns.

"Did you not sleep??" Jane asks

"We did!" I quickly lie, "I'm just still tired..." Jane looks at me and shakes her head.

"Well then I think it's another movie day for us!" Anne and I both nod. While watching Anne ends up falling asleep, though I stay awake throughout the entire day. I wake her up when it's time for dinner.

"Wake up Anne," I say while shaking her. She sits up and rubs her eyes.

"Ooops... I fell asleep didn't I?" I nod and lead her to the dinner table. We sit down and eat. After dinner, we go back to watch some more tv. Surprisingly Anne stays awake through the episode! Jane then forces us all upstairs, and Anne and I fall asleep without an issue.