23. School

Sorry for not posting for a while... things have been crazy busy, so I haven't had time to write

Katherine Howard POV

I wake up to my alarm clock and immediately sit up. I have school today... I put on black jeans, a pink t-shirt and one of my chokers. I'm so happy I have these... I walk downstairs and find Jane already making my lunch, with breakfast on the table. I sit down and stare at my food. I don't want to go... there'll be so many people. So many boys... what if someone tries something... or they all hate me... or-

"Are you ready for your first day?" Jane asks, cutting of my thoughts. I bite my lip and simply shake my head, feeling a tear slide down my face. "Oh Kitty, it's okay. You'll be fine, and you can always text or call me whenever." Jane says pulling me into a hug. I lean into her and take deep breaths.

"I'm scared," I whisper

"I know... but you can do this. I believe in you, we all do." Jane replies. I nod and pull away from her hug to eat. I only finish half of my breakfast before standing up and grabbing all my school stuff. Before I leave Anne gives me a quick hug and waves at the door as Jane drives me to the school. I hold my breath as we pull up and I see all the students. There's so many...

Take your time Kitty, I'm not going anywhere," Jane says. After a couple minutes I slowly get out of the car, and walk to the school. I don't say anything as I walk to my first class, chemistry. Choosing a seat near the front, so I can ignore everyone behind me, I sit quietly. Another girl ends up sitting beside me, but luckily before she can say anything to me a boy walks up and starts talking to her. The teacher then starts taking attendance, and afterwards goes right into energy levels. I take notes throughout the class, and when the bell rings get up as quickly as I can and walk to my next class. The day goes on like this until lunch. I follow the crowd of people into the cafeteria, but almost immediately stop. The room is crowded with tables and benches, all of which are already full of people. There's so many... how do you know where to sit?? Where should I go? I feel my breathing start to speed up and run out of the room until I find an empty classroom. I quietly sit down and pull out my phone. I smile as I see the messages from the 'Queens' group chat.

GermanMädchen - Have a good day at school Kitty!!!

NoSleepJustCoffee - Hope your day goes well!

FrenchisbetterthanSpanish - Love ya lots!! 💕

pinkCat - Thanks guys!

I reply before pulling out my lunch. I eat alone and spend the rest of lunch on my phone. The bell rings and I go to my next class. The rest of the day passes quite quickly, and when the final bell rings I run outside to wait for Jane. To my surprise all the queens are there waiting for me, and I run towards them.

"How was your day?" Jane asks as Anne attacks me with a hug.

"Okay," I reply when Anne finally lets go if me. "I didn't know you were all coming..."

"We thought maybe we could go get ice-cream," Catherine says. I smile and follow them to the ice-cream truck. I get double chocolate with pink sprinkles. We all eat and have fun in the park, afterwards Jane cooks dinner and we all watch a movie. As I get ready for bed I find myself thinking, school really wasn't that bad! Maybe it'll actually be kind of fun...