22. The chokers

Featuring, the K Howard choker!!!

Katherine Howard POV

I wake up and hear noise coming from downstairs. That's weird, usually, Jane wakes everyone up at the same time. I roll over in my bed and see that Anne's bed is empty. She must be downstairs. I slowly get up and change out of my pyjamas. As I walk to the door something catches my eye. I walk over to my desk and find a note along with a couple of chokers laying there. The first choker is black with silver gems on it and has a silver and pink 'K' hanging down in the center, the second is black with a smaller completely pink 'K', and the last one is just black with pink gemstones. The first one looks like Anne's, but it's pink!! And it's the letter 'K'! I pick up the note and smile as I read: ''I hope these help you feel more comfortable at school! Also, I hope you like the different ones I got for you." I wonder who got them for me... There's no signature on the note. It was probably mom or Anne... I carefully put on the first choker and go downstairs. As I walk into the living room I see everyone sitting at the table with stacks of pancakes ready to eat.

"Kitty!!" Anne yells as I walk in, I smile and yell back,

"Anne!!" Jane shakes her head and motions for everyone to sit. As I sit down I notice that Parr is missing, and look around. "Where's Parr?" Jane looks up and says,

"She was writing and said she wasn't hungry." I nod and dig into the pancakes, grabbing mostly chocolate ones. "I really like that choker Kitty!" Jane says after she's eaten.

"It looks like mine!!!" Anne comments smiling

"Yeah! It was on my desk this morning," I say looking at the other queens. I wonder who put them there? Jane and Anne seem like they don't know anything... I'm drawn away from my thoughts as I hear steps coming down the stairs. Parr comes into the kitchen and goes straight to the coffee machine.

"I need a new cup," she says as an explanation. As she's waiting she turns to us, looks at me, and smiles. The coffee machine beeps and after grabbing her cup she heads back upstairs.

"Jane? Can we go to the pool today??" Anne asks. It is really hot outside, that could be fun!

"Sure, there isn't really anything else we have planned! Does everyone have a bathing suit or bikini?" Jane answers looking at all of us. The others nod but I freeze. Those show so much skin... what if... no, that wouldn't happen. The others can protect you. But what if someone... As I'm lost in my thoughts Jane looks at me, "Kitty? Do you have something to swim in?"

"Um... no... I don't think so... but that's okay! I... uh... wanted to start... reading for school anyway," I say looking down at the table. Jane nods and the others run up to grab their stuff. I walk upstairs, grab my school stuff, and go back downstairs to sit at the table. As I start laying out my supplies Jane walks in.

"Are you okay staying by yourself?" I nod without looking up, and she comes to sit next to me. "Kitty?" I look at her and bite my lip. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yeah, don't worry. I have a lot to do for school..." I say quietly. Jane pulls me into a hug and I relax into her touch. "Really, it's okay." I say again to reassure her. She finally lets go and gathers everyone else to get into the car.

"I left some lunch in the fridge, make sure to eat." Jane days before closing the door. I nod and watch as they all drive away. After spending a couple hours on school work I have lunch and start watching a movie. After a while I get a text from Jane:

theMomfriend - Coming home now!

pinkKat - Okay!

I reply and finish my movie, as the credits start rolling I hear the car pull into our driveway. The door opens and Anne runs inside, straight to her room. The rest follow her, though Jane comes to sit next to me.

"How was your day?" She asks

"Good!" I say quickly. Jane nods and goes upstairs to change, before getting changed and starting dinner. We all eat dinner and watch some tv before going up to sleep. I sit in bed for a while, thinking about tomorrow. Tomorrow's my first day of school...