19. The Tour

Just a note, I don't live in England and know nothing about the school system. So although this book does take place in England, the school system is going to be Canadian/American.

Katherine Howard POV

I wake up as Jane gently shakes me. She gestures to be quiet and whispers,

"Anne's still sleeping. Quietly get dressed and come downstairs." I nod, she smiles and walks out of the room. I quietly get dressed in black jeans and a long sleeve pink shirt. Then I go downstairs, shutting the door carefully behind me. Jane's waiting for me at the table. I sit beside her and start eating a bit. "Not very hungry?" Jane asks looking at my (still half full) plate. I nod and look at her.

"I'm nervous..." I say quietly

"It's okay, I'll be with you the entire time," Jane says as she pulls me into a hug. I lean into her touch and nod slightly. It'll be okay... We stay like that until Jane gently says, "We have to go now, darling." I get up slowly and follow her to the car, we drive for a while and I'm quiet until we reach the school. Jane parks the car and I take a deep breath before getting out. We walk towards the doors and Jane takes my hand, I hold on tightly as we get closer to the building. We walk in and a lady greets us.

"Hi, you must be Katherine," she says looking at me, her eyes focus on the scar around my neck. I wish she'd stop staring at my neck... I look away and flinch at hearing my full name and quietly say,

"Kitty... please call me Kitty."

"Of course. And you are?" The lady continues while looking at Jane.

"I'm her mother," Jane says firmly, but with a smile

"Nice to meet you. I'm Ms. Bell, the vice principal." I nod and follow her inside with Jane. We walk down the halls and I look around. Different classrooms line the hall, each with a different number and symbol on the door. "The symbols show what type of class it is, and the numbers show which grade. This class here is a math class for grade 12, so you'll probably be in this class!" I look at the door and see a plus sign next to the number 12. A plus sign for math, and 12 for grade 12. That makes sense! I smile as we pass more classrooms, looking at the different symbols and numbers. Ms. Bell shows us a bunch of different places and then leads us to the principal office. "Mr. Harris our principal is in meetings all day today, so unfortunately you won't be able to meet him. Here is your schedule, feel free to look around the school and find your classes."

"Thank you," Jane says taking the schedule and leading me outside the office. "How're you doing Kitty?"

"Good... Ms. Bell is nice," I say smiling a bit. "Can we find all my classes?"

"Of course," Jane says smiling at me. Together we walk down the halls. We reach my first class and I see that the door is open. "Do you want to go inside?" Jane asks. I nod and take her hand as we walk through the door. There's no one inside so I relax as we walk through the room looking at different stuff. We do this with every class and then go home. In the car, Jane asks, "So, what do you think?"

"It was good. I like the stage! I think the classes are pretty easy to find," I say smiling at her.

"That's good," Jane says as we pull up to our house. I walk in with her and find the rest of the queens in the living room.

"You're back!" Anne yells as she sees us come in

"How did it go?" Anna asks as I sit down on the couch

"Good..." I say smiling at her

"We were just planning tomorrow," Catherine says as Jane sits down as well

"Tomorrow?" I ask looking at the others

"It was supposed to be a surprise..." Jane says looking at the others

"Oops!" Anne says laughing

"I thought Kitty already knew about it! Didn't you tell her a couple of days ago?" Anna says laughing as well

"Wait... knew about what?" Jane asks

"We're going to the trampoline park tomorrow, remember?!" Anne replies still laughing

"Oh! I thought you were talking about the..." Jane starts saying. However, she quickly says, "Nevermind... you're right. I forgot I had already told Kitty."

"You didn't tell me! Did you?" I can't remember her telling me... Jane looks at me and says,

"Maybe I didn't... anyway, we're going to the trampoline park tomorrow!"

"Awesome!!" I say smiling widely. I wonder what the other thing Jane was thinking about is. I'm about to ask but Jane's already in the kitchen starting dinner, so I simply sit down on the couch. "Do you wanna watch a movie?" I ask Anne, Anna, and Parr who are all still sitting in the living room with me.

"I have to go... do work... sorry!" Anne says as she runs upstairs. I shrug and turn on a movie with the others.

Anne Boleyn POV

"I have to go..." Shoot... think of an excuse Anne! "do work... sorry!" I say as I run out of the room. Without pausing I run upstairs and into the last door in the hallway on the left side. Catherine's sitting on her bed waiting for me.