one

𝕨𝕚𝕟𝕕𝕠𝕨𝕤 𝕕𝕠𝕨𝕟

it was the summer that would change her life reese told herself. every since her dad went missing she just wanted to change.

everyone saw her as the innocent girl and she wanted to change that. she was going to be a sophomore soon not some hopeless freshman.

she wanted desperately to be more like john b and her dad. they were always care free and adventurous. everyone else wanted her to stay the same.

especially john b and jj. they grew up protecting her from the outside world, but they couldn't protect her from what was about to happen.

\reese's pov/

it was the summer after my freshman year. my dad just went missing and i decided i wanted to change. the only problem was that we'll for one i had no real friends excepts the pogues crew and i didn't know anything that was bad.

jj and john b had always shielded me from the real world, but even they couldn't keep my dads disappearing from me. i tried to not show them how upset i was but i cried every night.

they eventually realized it and wouldn't let me sleep alone. most of the time jj slept in my room so i would have company and not feel so lonely, but occasionally john b would substitute when jj was you know. macking with random girls.

i had for some weird reason always looked up to both of them and secretly wanted to be like them, but i just wasn't. when they became friends with kie and pope i realized i was more like them than jj and john b, but i just didn't like them quite as much.

mainly because john b was my brother and honestly i don't really know why i liked jj so much. i had always had a small crush on him since we were younger. at first i thought it was because he was a year older than me.

soon i realized it was because of his personality. he was funny and tuff. he always gave off sort of a bad boy vibe to most people, but he was always so charismatic towards me. the only thing i didn't like was how he saw me.

he saw me as a little sister and i wanted to change that. i don't know why it's not like john b would let that happen anyway. he didn't let me do anything with any boys.

this led me to being 15 and not kissing anyone and led me to being 15 with not one of my own friends. of course i consider the pogues my friends, but i can't tell them stuff sometimes because they tell each other everything.

i was currently going on a run which i did most mornings because it was the only time i was allowed to be alone. i usually ended up at this little creek where i'd cry for a little bit and mourn over my father.

he wasn't always the best man in the world but he loved john b and i. he was always there for me and he was the person i would tell everything. he picked up on stuff that no one else would notice well except jj would sometimes.

i made it to the creek and sat by the water throwing rocks at it, "hey dad you used to take me here all the time. i hope you turn up soon." i said tears eyed as i looked up to keep myself from crying.

"i really miss you. you were the best friend i always wanted and i never realized it until you were gone. i love you. see you soon." i said standing up deciding to go back home.

it was only a few miles from the château and when i got back i noticed that both the boys were still asleep. i made some eggs for all of us to eat and i ate mine and put there's on the table. john b was awake by the time i was done, but jj was still out.

"hey reese we aren't going to be home today for that long the crews hanging out." he said while stuffing his face.

"can i come with y'all? they're my friends too." i said upset. he never wanted me to go when they were doing bad stuff because he didn't want me in trouble like he was.

"no you can't if the cops come i don't want you there especially since we have that meeting tomorrow with the dcs i don't want you in trouble." he said before i heard jj come out from my room and sit by my.

he ruffled my hair before taking a bite of the eggs i made them and looked at me. he could always tell when i was upset somehow even though no one else really could except my dad.

"you coming with us to the mansion today reeses cup?" he asked me kissing my cheek and i smiled looking to john b with puppy dog eyes.

"no she's not it's too dangerous."

"oh please i'll protect her the scariest thing there is gary and honestly she runs everyday she could beat him out." he said looking between us.

"h-how did you know that?" i asked shocked. when i got nervous i started to stutter and i was currently worried that jj knew that i cried everyday.

"because i know you. i hear you get up every morning and i see you run sometimes." he shrugged pulling out a joint then looking at me and putting it away.

"fine i guess she can come, but you aren't drinking or doing anything. you aren't allowed in the house unless i tell you you can go." he said sternly.

"yay!! i'm going to go get ready." i said putting their plates up and going to my room.

i put on a white shirt with a tan skirt and a belt.

i was about to walk out of my room when i heard john b and jj talking

i was about to walk out of my room when i heard john b and jj talking. i put my ear on the door and listened to them faintly hearing their conversation, "i'm not gonna let her do anything bad john b you know that."

"i know i'm just worried to drag her into us doing illegal stuff. she doesn't need to end up like me. i can't lose her too." i heard john b and it made me upset so i busted open my door.

"let's go boys i'm ready to get arrested!!" i said excitedly grabbing my book and running out the doing to johns car. i jumped in the back and started to read and soon they came out.

"you aren't getting arrested r don't even say that." john b said and jj just laughed. "if you get arrested then who else are we going to baby? you're the little kid of the group." he said and i closed my book looking up.

"no i'm not. i'm barley younger than y'all i don't know why you try to keep me from doing anything. i'm not a baby." i said and jj smiled looking back at me.

"whatever you say reeses cup." he smirked before turning back around.

i flipped them off pouting as we picked up the rest of the crew. after picking them up we drove the figure 8 where the kooks live. we stopped in front of a huge mansion being built and i was worried.

fuck what did i get myself into?