sixteen

𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕠𝕗 𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥𝕤

jj and pope let go of the rope as they were shot at. they ducked down and tried to hide. jj ran to reese and covered her as they kept getting shot at. "what the hell?" he said pulling her up as they ran to a different spot.

the gang eventually all got out of the house and ran to the van. "that bitch was crazy." kei said and sarah added on. "that bitch couldn't aim." reese continued for her. "that bitch was blind." she said and the group was all laughing except john b who was real quiet. he held in his hand the first of many pieces of gold.

"you smell like shit." jj said to john b and he remained quiet looking at the bar of gold in his hand smiling. "no you didn't." reese said realizing what happened. "guys we did it we found the gold." he said and they all cheered through he night.

reese's pov

we had just got done smelting down the gold that we found the first of tons. we were going back tomorrow after john b got done fishing with ward. "i volunteer jj to take it in he's best at lying." i said and he looked at me. "no i don't want to do it." he said pouting.

"all in favor of jj?" i said and everyone agreed. he came over to me. "i'll get you back just wait." he said kissing my cheek and i started laughing. "woah woah is something going on with y'all that i should no about?" john b asked as we got in the car. "no." we both quickly said.

"god damnit. why'd y'all melt it down so bad?" jj asked as we walked up to the pawn shop. "like you could do any better." kei said. "yeah i could i took a welding class." he said. "when?" i asked as we walked in the shop.

"i see you buy gold." jj said as he started a conversation with the worker. he pulled out the bar and set it on the table. "how bout them gold apples?" he said pointing at it as he looked back at me. i smiled and gave him a thumbs up. the lady laughed in his face.

"that ain't real." she said. "that ain't real? feel how heavy it is." he said and she looked at him suspiciously before picking it up. she made excuses before testing to see if it was real. "hold on we gotta get to the acid test." she said grabbing the dropper.

"ooo the acid test my favorite guys." he said looking at us before back to her. "well it ain't plated and it ain't painted." "i'm telling you ma'am this is as real as the day is long." she said which made absolutely no since to me.

"looks like someone tried to melt it down." she said looking at us as we looked around acting like we weren't listening to them. "yeah my mom did she melted all her jewelry down trying to 'consolidate it'" he said and i couldn't help but laugh.

i quickly tried to cover it with a cough as john hit my arm. "7 pounds? that's a lotta earrings." she said and jj looked at her. "i gotta be honest it's been hard seeing my mom fall apart from alzheimer's." he said and i almost lost it. i had to walk out of the store because i couldn't keep from laughing.

after a bit the gang came back out. "wow reese you almost blew my story." he said and i looked at everyone. "i'm sorry y'all i can't not laugh at that." i said. "how much money did we make?" i asked them. "they didn't have all the cash here we have to go to the warehouse." john b said as we got into the car.

we drove most of the way and all of a sudden there was a siren behind us. "shit." we all said as we looked to jj. "hide the gold bar under the seat." pope said. "you don't have any weed do you jj?" i asked him and he pulled out 4 blunts shoving them into the seat. i rolled my eyes and kei looked at him.

"you better not have the gun." she said and he looked at everybody getting kind of mad. "what guys i don't you tell me to never bring it anywhere." he said as the officer walked up. john b rolled down the window when suddenly a gun was pointed in his face.

"john b!" i yell trying to go to the front of the van. "hands where i can see them everyone." he said as jj pulled me back and we all put our hands out. "everyone get out of the van. NOW!" the guys said as he opened the doors. he made us sit on the side of the road as he looked for the gold.

john b then ran to his car when he wasn't looking. he looked at us laughing holding up the gold bar. "idiots." he said as he walked back to his car. he got in and we could hear john b and them fighting. i was the first to run and help him jj following me then everyone coming to help.

we collectively beat up the guy as pope was  taking the gold back. he shoved me as i punched him and jj attacked him. sarah repeatedly slammed the door into him and jj grabbed me. "are you okay?" he asked me hugging me. "i'm fine he just shoved me. john b are you okay?" i asked and he nodded.

we kicked him and pinned him to the car as john b ripped his mask off. "i know this son of a bitch he's a basehead." jj said getting angry by the second. "probably knows my brother." sarah said looking at him. "he sells coke to my dad." jj said clearly upset understandably.

"aye listen i could've hurt any single one of yalls if i wanted to." he said as jj hot him with the butt of the gun. i gasped and jumped back looking away. "jj calm down." i said trying to grab his shoulder and pull him back away from the guy. he pulled away from me and grabbed his wallet.

"we've got one more stop to make let's see where this  price of shit lives." he said pushing john b as he walked back to the car. i ran and got in the front. "jj calm down just breathe." i said to him and he got mad at me. "this man ruined my life okay he's getting what he deserves." he said as we started to drive off.

i felt like it was something i did to make jj mad even though it wasn't. he was upset about his dad being a low life and was blaming barry for it. i mean yeah it was partially his fault, but his dad made the choice for him self. i just wish jj could see he deserves to be treated well.

he sped off really fast as i looked at him. "it's not your fault jj. please calm down." i said to him grabbing his hand for a second. he pulled it away really fast and i sighed. i climbed into the back seat and john b went to the front. we all rode in silent.