eighteen

𝕗𝕝𝕒𝕤𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕝𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥𝕤
SIKEEE

they cuddled in her room all night. the next morning they were woken to a frantic john b who was scared. "guys ward came after me on the boat this morning." he said rushing into the room. jj and reese jumped apart really fast as reese ran to john b. "are you okay? he didn't hurt you did he?" she asked grabbing onto him and looking for marks.

"no but he tried to kill me. he knows about the gold and and..." john b started and reese looked at him. "and what?" she asked. "nothing it just shook me up a bit. can you go get me some medicine and food i have a bad headache and i'm starving." john b lied to her... well partially he did have a headache, but he just didn't want to tell her what he found out.

there dad was in fact dead. he was killed by ward and he passed it off as him getting lost at sea. they were looking for the gold together and when big john said that wards cut wasn't as big as he wanted he flipped and pushed him leading to him dying. john b was so torn by the news, but didn't want to worry anyone.

"are you okay man?" jj asked looking at him. "yeah i think i'll be good, but sarah won't talk to me i have to go tell her what happened." john b said to him as reese walked back into the room with food and advil.

reese's pov

"are you sure you're okay?" i asked handing john b his food. i was worried that he was hurt from that bastard ward. i swear i could kill him for trying to hurt my brother. "yeah i'm fine, but i need to go tell sarah what happened." he said frantically. "john i don't know if that's the best idea okay you need to stay safe." i said worried for his life.

what if ward did attack and kill him? what the hell would i do without him? i can't live without him it's already hard enough without my dad. "i can't lose you john b." i said to him and he hugged me. "i'm always with you reese okay i'll never leave you." he said and i held out my pinky. "promise?" "promise." he said and we pinky promised.

"so dude walk us through what the hell happened?" jj asked him and he sat on the coach. "so we went fishing and it started off fine right? so then he started to ask questions about the gold which of course i tried to deny. then he talked about how he worked with our dad and how they couldn't find the gold, but i did." he started them paused for a moment.

"anddd??" i asked him. "and then he just got up and attacked me i don't know it was crazy i ended up stealing the jet ski and walking back through the marsh here. i'm going to go take a nap then talk to sarah." he said walking into his room. "okay." i said as he shut the door.

i looked over to jj. "do you think he's okay?" i asked truly worried. "i think he's just trying to protect the people he cares about which means helping sarah and warning her." he said and i sighed. "yeah i'm going to go on a run." i said and i went to the creek. i stayed there most of the day then went to help kei at work.

i told kei what happened and then came back home later that night. john b was back from talking to sarah. "how'd it go?" i asked him and he sighed sitting down. "she thinks i stabbed her dad and doesn't believe me." he said and i sat by him patting his back. "it's okay i think she'll realize really fast that it wasn't you." i said to him and he looked down. "yeah i hope so."

it was now the next day and we were currently standing behind a gate watching sarah be forced into a plane by her dad. "he's hurting her." john b said and jj whipped his head around to look at them. "he is?" he said mad. "we have to do something." john b said about to get up i pulled him back down. "think about it john b we might get arrested for this." i said and he still got up.

"i'm on probation i can't risk it." jj said looking at everyone. "i have my scholarship." pope said and kei and i looked at each other. "you guys just go back home i'll meet y'all." john b said and i looked at him. "are you sure?" i asked and he nodded. "okay stay safe. be careful." i said hugging him and then we ran away.

we were back at the château and i was pacing around. jj grabbed me, "calm down." he said stroking my shoulder. i sat down. it had been like an hour now and he still wasn't back. we heard a car pull up and i ran to the door. "thank god it took long enough." i said going outside.

only it wasn't john b. it was a cop car. "oh no." i said as jj walked out and looked at them. "is there a problem officer?" he asked walking to them putting an arm around me. "yeah there is actually. i have a warrant out for the arrest of john booker routledge." he said and my mouth fell to the floor.

"what do you mean?" i asked not wanting to believe what i just heard. "he is suspected of murdering officer peterkins." shoup said and i looked at him. "he would never she was like a mother figure to us." i said shaking my head. "well he did." "NO HE DIDN'T!" i shouted trying to go at him. jj pulled me back.

"well when we find him i'm sorry but we have no choice but to arrest him. ward cameron saw the whole thing." shoupe said with a saddened look on his face. "no. no please ward cameron is a fucking liar. HE LIED I—" i tried to get out of jj's grip tears coming out of my eyes.

"my brothers not a murderer." i said as the police searched the house for him. they eventually left and i was sitting on the ground in the same spot. "we have to find him jj." i said as he tried to get me off the ground. "we will reese." he said and he sat on the ground beside me hugging me.