twelve

𝕤𝕠 𝕔𝕒𝕟 𝕚 𝕔𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕥𝕠𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥

jj was bailed out of course by his father. reese wanted to go up there, but couldn't. his dad hit him and punched him as he got in the truck. meanwhile reese was at kei's still as they just sat and talked.

john b was now back at the château after hanging out with sarah and well macking on her. pope was being forced to work at the party with his dad and he was grounded. kei and reese got ready for the party that neither wanted to go to.

reese's pov

"kei i can't even think i'm so worried about jj." i said to her as she layed the dress in front of me. "he's probably fine okay reese. he will be fine i promise." she said to me and i nodded. "yeah i hope so. i just don't want to see him hurt." i said. i know how much jj wished his dad loved him.

he deserved so much more. i sat for a while worried before finally calming down. i never really liked the midsummers but i always went with kei. or at least for the past 2 years i had. i got in my dress for the party and did my makeup.

we got to the party and looked around

we got to the party and looked around. the first person i saw was rafe. he was staring at me and winked. it made me really uncomfortable. god this is going to be a long night. i walked over to get a drink and saw pope.

i took a sip of the champagne i had stolen and walked over to him. "hey pope how are you?" i asked him and he looked at me. "i'm guilty reese that's how i am. i have to tell the truth and get jj out." he said and i looked at him and hugged him.

"pope i understand i'm upset too but you have to think about your scholarship okay. jj doesn't have the brain that you do okay. use it and pay him back." i said trying to cheer him up before chugging the glass.

"you're right. how are you doing?" he asked pointing to the glass. "well probably about the same as you, but i just hope he's alright." i said and smiled. "i better get back to kei and them they're waiting on me." i said waving at him and walking off.

i walked over to go back to kei and i saw her dad and her dancing. my eyes started to water as i smiled at the sight. i wish you were here right now dad. i know you're a shit dancer, but i'd still have fun.

i went to the bathroom to clean up my face and try to keep from crying. fuck me. this just hasn't been my week has it? i thought to myself dabbing my eyes off. i started to walk out of the bathroom when i heard shouting from the men's room.

"tell reese she looks pretty good for a pogue and tell her i could choke her in a more pleasurable way next time." i heard the voice of rafe and i immediately was filled with anger. i then heard someone attack them and i walked over to see.

i saw a guy being pulled away from rafe and i immediately knew who it was. "jj?" i asked and he looked at me. i was saddened to see the cut on his lip from undoubtedly his dad. "oh hey reese don't mind me here just defending your honor. you look great by the way." he said as the security pulled him away.

"wait stop you can't just kick him out." i yelled as i follow them trying to get the guard to let him go. we walked out and he tried to free him self from the security then grabbed someone's drink chugging it. "rose you look like lady liberty."

i walked up and kei stood by me looking at jj. "you can't just kick him out i invited him in a member of the club." she said as she put her arm around me. i smiled at her.

"kei stop." her parents tried as jj continued to raise hell. he pushed the security guard who toppled into a ton of dishes. he looked at us and pointed. "mandatory power at rixies kei reese. pope you as well." he said as he walked out. "come on. workers of the world unite throw up your chains." he said.

i laughed as i saw john b standing out in the yard by jj. "kei you can't just-" her parents started as i pulled her arm. "i'm sorry." she said as we ran out to the yard. pope was coming as well. "come on reese!" jj shouted as he held out his arms.

i ran and jumped into him hugging him as he spun me around and i couldn't stop smiling. i kissed his cheek as he put me down. "later losers." john b said as i jumped on his back and he took off running towards his van.

we pulled up to the spot in the woods we chilled. "so sarah cameron is bringing me the map." john b said and i looked at him shocked. "really seriously her why her?" kei asked clearly annoyed. "because she had an original map."

"bro's totally macking on her." jj said putting his arm around me and looking at pope the two of them laughing. "no i'm not." john b said. "sureee okay." i said picking at him as jj made deepthroating sounds and gestures. i hit him quickly.

"wait you know what that is?" he asked me and i laughed. "yeah of course i do i'm the best at them." i joked with him and he pushed me off of him. "stop it." jj said laughing stil. "make me." i retorted and suddenly he gave me a different look than before.

"guys stop flirting i'm right here." john b said and i looked at him shrugging. "we aren't flirting." i said relaxed. "yeah you were." everyone said at the same time. "sorry jj flirts with everyone not my fault." i said and i went to get out of the van.

"actually i'm gonna go alone." he said and i looked at him. "are you sure john she's still a kook. she might attack you." i said worried about him. "i don't think she will she's alright. i'm just gonna use her get the map and drop her simple as that." he said getting out.

"okay well be careful." i said. kei was still obviously mad at him for talking to sarah. "when am i not?" he said leaving. "he's never careful are you kidding me with my luck he'll get himself arrested." i said to the group then i looked at jj. "can i talk to you?" i asked him stepping out of the van.

"what's up?" he asked me as we walked around. i stopped by a rock and sat. he sat beside me and i looked at him. "are you okay?" i asked him worriedly. "yeah i'm fine why?" he asked. "cut the bs jj i know you're dad did that." i said to him grabbing his face tilting it towards me.

"yeah my dads got a mean upper cut." he said laughing, but i could see the pain in his eyes. "jj please i'm serious are you okay?" i asked him and he looked down at me. "yeah i will be because i have you guys." he said and i let go of his face looking away.

"jj i'm sorry you're dads like that." i said staring into the woods. he grabbed my neck and turned me facing him. "don't be sorry for something you didn't do." he said and i smiled at him. "i'm sorry you just deserve the world." i said to him and he laughed. "no i don't." "yeah you do." i said and he stared at me looking down to my lips.

we both started to lean in and we suddenly heard screaming.