two

𝕚 𝕔𝕒𝕟'𝕥 𝕤𝕝𝕖𝕖𝕡

the group got out of the car and walked to the mansion. reese was kind of worried and grabbed onto kei and her book as they walked to the back deck. it was a beach front house of course.

the gang set up their stuff all grabbing a beer and chilling. john b kept reese from having one and she tried to sneak a sip of jj's but he wouldn't let her. she then sat down and read her book for a bit.

reese's pov

i put my book up and stood up. i thought breaking into private property would be more thrilling, but all we did was sit by the beach. they were all drinking and jj was secretly smoking weed.

i knew he did it, but he tried to make an effort to not do it in front of me. i don't know why i thought it was kind of hot when guys smoked i don't know why. he just pulled it off well.

kei said she was going into the house to look around and john b was on the roof so i followed her in and we looked around. we were both environmentalists so we were pissed to see how lavish the house was.

i walked into one of the bedrooms and looked at how big it was. i wished i could live in a house this big damn. i also wish i could have a family to fill this house. my mom left after i was born and of course my dad... he'll come back i know it.

i sat on the bed looking around and it made me upset. why do some people live so nice and others live a complete shit life? most the people living bad lives are the nicer people too all the kooks are peices of shit.

"reese?" i heard people shouting i just sat quietly.

"reese where are you come on i told you not to come in the house." i heard john b shout from outside the window.

someone opened the door and i turned to look at it seeing jj in the room. he ran over to me and grabbed my arm pulling me off the bed, "reese we gotta go the cops are here." he said and i started to kind of panic.

we both took off and while he was having fun and messing with them laughing and playing tag with them i was quite literally about to shit my pants. i was so scared. we ran and someone grabbed him.

"i'm not much of a hugger man." he said shaking out of their grip and grabbing my hand as we ran over to a fence. he helped over it but i slipped and flipped over it landing on my butt and scrapping my legs on the fence.

he helped me up as we ran and got into the car. i grabbed my chest and caught my breath looking at kei. jj told john b to slow down as he looked out the door at the cop chasing us. he threw a beer at him and tormented him.

"jj stop it." kei and i said. he looked at the cop saying, "they don't pay you enough man." before john b sped up and i shut the door. jj leaned back against me laying his head on my lap and looking up at me.

i smiled down at him before looking at the cut on my leg. "oh god do any of you have a towel?" i said looking at the blood on me. pope handed me one and as i was dabbing the blood off i remember something.

"oh shit i forgot my book. john pleaseee take us back i need that it was my summer reading assignment." i said looking out as we passed the outer banks sign. the outer banks paradise on earth.

"it's to late to go back we're almost back. not to mention there's probably cops around that house now and i told you not to go in the damn house anyway." john scolds me and i rolled my eyes.

jj blew on the cut on my leg looking over to me, "besides you don't need to do summer reading now. we have so much time left. you're already smart anyway." he laughed playing with my hair.

"well y'all always force me to be good so..." i said looking at the group. "we don't force you reeses we keep you good. you're already a goody two shoes we just push you to stay that way." jj smiled kissing my cheek.

i felt my face turn red so i just turned and looked out the window flipping him off. i liked that book. john b turned up the radio and i started to sing and dance with jj. we were goofing off as we rode through the town.

that's reese the baby pogue. she's my little sister and about as innocent as a pogue could possibly be. the only bad thing she's done is cussing which she thinks makes her badass. she was also probably the most hard headed person i've ever met, but we love her. we try to leave her out of the illegal stuff we do, but it's been hard not to since i don't like leaving her alone since our dad left. if i'm not with her jj is and hell actually he's probably with her more.

we got back to the house and i sat on the hammock outside. john b and jj went out to do something which probably meant they were going to get drunk which meant another thing jj would probably bring a girl back.

he always did that and it kind of upsets me, but i knew he didn't actually like any of them he was just a fuckboy. i sat with kei and we just talked for a bit. it's hard dealing with boys sometimes so i liked to talk to kei when it came to well boy talk.

"how do you get a boy to notice you?" i asked her.

"who do you want to notice you?" she asked smiling sitting up.

"oh no one in particular. i just don't really get many guys and i'm getting old enough to where i think i should try to find someone." i said thinking about jj. i didn't want him to see me as some little kid.

"well if you want to get a boy to notice you you should find common interest and talk about that or try to stand out. i have to go my parents want me to help lockup are you okay alone?"

"yeah i'm good i'll see you tomorrow." i said waving as she got up and left. when she left i noticed john b and jj were back and of course a random girl for jj. why did he do stuff like that? i've never seen him like a girl in my entire life, but he constantly flirts with everyone.

well everyone but me it seems like. i walked inside and saw jj in the guest bed with the girl i walked by and sighed then john b walked by closing the door and groaning. i went to the fridge and heated up some pizza rolls and watched tv.

i was in my room and let's just say i could hear everything through the thin walls of the château. it was hard to hear other girls living out your dream. i'm kidding. i want jj to like me not just want to have sex with me. neither were really an option.

after about an hour or two i was about to go to bed and brushed my teeth washing my face and i layed down then my door opened. i saw jj walk in and i sat up. "i can sleep alone jj i'm fine just go back to the guest room." i said and he ignored me.

he held out his hand and i saw my book i left at the house from earlier. i grabbed it smiling and i looked at him hugging him. "thank you jj you didn't have to go back and get it. really you don't have to stay in here." i said to him and he climbed in my bed.

"i want to." he said and i got butterflies in my stomach as i turned off the light and looked up at ceiling. i couldn't fall asleep.