𝐀 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐧𝐝

Akira was dogged in his pursuit of you, not showing any hesitancy even after months of being gently rejected by you

Akira was dogged in his pursuit of you, not showing any hesitancy even after months of being gently rejected by you. Before long, he had chipped away at your walls of resistance and you finally gave in to your deep desire for normalcy. You allowed him to penetrate further into your life, and he held your hands as you waded through feelings of uncertainty, constantly reminding you of his support and love for you.

You kept your double life a secret from him, just as you kept your relationship a secret from your boss and fellow 'workers'.

After a point, you decided you could no longer continue living the way you were, especially since your job put Akira in such a risky position. You decided to start anew, leaving your bloodied past behind.

-------

"...What?"

Jun looked at you with utter disbelief, the crisp white papers strewn about his antique mahogany table long forgotten.

"I want out. He is a constant reminder that I can't do this forever. I will only end up endangering him. I just... I'm tired of this.", you said waving your hand around to emphasize your point.

"...What about me?"

A moment of silence enveloped you both.

"What?", you asked, confusion evident in your voice.

"What about me?! What is so good about him that you are willing to leave everything behind you like it doesn't matter?!"

You were lost for words. Before you could form a reply, Jun continued, pacing about his office while uncharacteristically gripping his brown locks of hair.

"After all this time, you still haven't realized it, have you?! I have loved you for so long, looking out for you, and you won't even call me by my name!"

Your face heated up, flustered and angered at his words.

His amber eyes looked at you, filled with anguish, indignance, and sadness.

"And yet, some nobody comes along and steals you away!"

Gritting your teeth, you looked down, saying, "He's not a nobody. Don't say things when you don't know anything about him."

Jun's tall figure approached you, gripping your shoulders tightly.

"Y/n, I can give you much more than what he can offer! He won't get you as I do. I've known you for years!"

"Exactly. You know me too well. And I see you as my senior, nothing more than-"

The man cut you off with a loud sigh. Pale fingers rubbed the bridge of his nose as he closed his eyes for a moment. Once they opened, a coldness seemed to have taken a hold of them as they stared back at you, chillingly hiding away all his previously overflowing emotions.

"Fine. Go ahead. Live the life you want, if that's what you so badly desire."

Jun looked away from you, turning to gaze out the floor-to-ceiling window of his office, hands shoved into his pant pockets.

Despite having managed to get his assent, you felt disquieted, that final look of his playing repeatedly in your head like a broken record.

-------

Tears filled your vision as you looked on in abject horror at the blaze that was consuming your apartment. Thick black billows of smoke escaped your apartment windows and only one thing echoed in your mind.

Akira.

Akira was supposed to visit tonight. He had a copy of your apartment key.

You dashed towards the building, fighting your way through the crowd of people before your motion was suddenly arrested by someone holding you from behind. Through your veil of tears, your eyes made out the vision of Jun, a worried look on his face.

What was he doing here?!

His strong arms hugged you, enveloping you in his sweet musky scent and warmth. A wave of nausea hit you as you tried pulling away from him.

"Akira- h-he's in there! I need to go get him!-", your voice rose to a shrill, as you looked back at the burning building that gradually blackened with soot in tears.

"The firemen are working hard, Y/n. You can't do anything but wait."

"No!"

Despite your furious, teary protests, Jun pulled you away from the suffocating crowd. Even if you were a physically strong person, you were no match for him. You were pulled towards a familiar sleek black car, as Jun whisked you away to his bachelor pad on the other side of the city.

-------

The next morning, as you laid in a daze on Jun's bed, he quietly informed you that most of the people who were present at the time of the fire did not survive. It went without saying that Akira was among them.

Your eyes darkened as you got up and stood before Jun, before swinging your fist at his jaw. Taking hold of his pristine white shirt collar, you shook him, waves of anger and hatred coursing through your body as fresh tears streamed down your face.

"You bastard! You ordered it, didn't you?! Of course, of course... You won't just let me go! I should've left without saying anything...", you broke down, almost collapsing on the floor due to loss of energy and exhaustion.

You should've seen it coming. You should've known that his care for you ran deeper than it looked. You shouldn't have ignored the way he always seemed to look at you, you shouldn't have simply shrugged off his lingering touches.

Oh, he was obsessed. He had been obsessed for years. And you couldn't do anything about it. You were stuck in his web, his connections and influence in the sprawling underworld ensured that you'd remain his captive.

As you weeped, Jun held you to him, an arm around your waist and the other caressing your cheek as he softly said, "Even if you did that, I would've still found you, Y/n."

Madness swirled in the honey-colored pools of his eyes, as he affectionately wiped away your streams of tears, before brushing his soft lips against yours.

"I will give you the life you want, Y/n. I will give you the family you want so badly. I will love you for eternity and you will realize why we are meant to be. You and I are bound together, forever."

•·················•·················•

A/N:

Okay, so I didn't think it'd be possible for me to get attached to a character I created (just to be killed, at that), but Akira got my heart hurting. I kept thinking of Muku of A3! when I was writing about him, so I guess that's what I get for killing the precious bean.

I'm not exactly happy with this story, so hopefully I'll post something better soon. Thank you for reading!!