十 (Ten)

(Ryu's POV)

I ran home as fast as I could. I ordered Jun to go report back to Yori, but I knew he was following me. I didn't have the time to waste to yell or stab him, so I let him follow. I needed to get home. Needed to get to her.

I got back to find her on the porch. She was pacing with a large kitchen knife in her hand.

"Aria?"

Her head snapped up at me as I skipped a few stairs and stood in front of her.

I grabbed her face in my hands and quickly looked her over. She seemed okay.

"I'm fine." She said, seeing the worry in my eyes.

"What's wrong then?" I asked just as she spotted Jun behind me. "Ignore him. Talk to me."

"There was a knock on the door. I answered it cause I knew you wouldn't knock. She....she said she's your mother."

My jaw tightened shut and my hands balled into fists.

"She thought I was your maid. Mrs. Date is in there with her. She pushed her way inside. I didn't want to stab her cause....I didn't know how you'd react." She explained.

By then Jun had walked up behind me.

"I'm Jun Minami. Who might you be?"

"None of your business." I growled before she could answer. "Go back to Yori before I stab you. I can't deal with you right now."

"Okay, okay. I got it. I'm going. If you need help with anything just give me a call."

"What do we do?" Aria asked once he was gone.

"You should've stabbed her." I told her.

"I'm sorry."

"It's alright. Just....just keep that knife at the ready. Okay?"

"Okay." She nodded.

We were about to walk in when she stopped and tugged on my hand.

"Yes?"

"Are you okay? Did tonight go okay? Are you hurt anywhere?" She asked.

"I'm fine. Everything went fine. I did my job. You can inspect me later."

I walked in and took my shoes off, instantly spotting Mrs. Date sitting on the couch with another woman.

"Now that you're home, I will get going." Mrs. Date said once she saw me. "Thank you for dinner, Aria. It was delicious."

"You're welcome. I had a good time."

As she walked past Aria I heard her tell her that she wanted to know what happened. Aria promised to fill her in next time they saw each other.

Once Mrs. Date left, my mother walked closer towards me.

"You've....grown up." She said.

I said nothing.

"You look good. You have a nice house."

Nothing.

"That girl says she's your wife." She said eyeing Aria, who stood behind me. "You could do better."

"What are you doing here? How did you find me?" I asked.

"I got in touch with....some old friends of mine and your fathers who still live here. They said you worked for Nakamura's nephew. I stopped by and asked him. He rambled on quite a bit about you before giving me your address." She explained.