二十八 (Twenty-Eight)

(Aria's POV)

"That's the one." Juliet said as I came out of the dressing room. "You look beautiful."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."

It was my favorite so far. Backless and v-neckline. As simple, yet stunning.

She grabbed a nearby pair of white heels and set them in front of my feet. I easily slipped them on and turned towards the mirror.

"This is it." I smiled.

"Fantastic. I'll go pay."

"You don't have to. I can-"

"Nonsense. I'm going to pay and you can't stop me." She said.

She took me over to the nearest salon to get my hair and nails done. It was quick and simple, but turned out beautiful.

"Vince sent me an address." Stefano said as we left the salon.

"Where is it?"

He showed Juliet his phone and she nodded. "Okay. We will go back to our hotel so we can change and then we'll head to the address given. Sound good?"

"Sounds good."

Thirty minutes later, we were back in the car. As we got closer to our destination I figured out where we were going and I couldn't help but smile.

"Why am I nervous?" I asked.

"Because you're about to marry your soulmate." Juliet smiled as we arrived.

The park was practically empty. I couldn't see anyone except Vince, who was waiting for us.

"They probably ran everyone off." Juliet told me as she rolled her eyes.

"Probably."

"You look beautiful." Vince smiled as he helped me out of the car.

"Thank you."

"You look beautiful as well." He winked at Juliet.

"Where is he?" I asked.

"Waiting for you at some spot. He said you'd know where."

I did. I knew exactly where. I walked as quickly as possible in the heels I wore, anxious to get to him. To see him. I still had that fear that he'd disappear.

When I finally saw him, a smile broke out on my face. I couldn't help it. He had changed into dress pants and dress shirt. The same dress shirt I had been wearing before we left.

When I got to him, he grabbed my hands and squeezed.

"I missed you." I told him honestly and he grinned.

"I missed you as well."

I glanced around to see Yori, Vince, Juliet, Stefano, Yukio, Jun, and Mrs. Date surrounding us. Aimoto stood beside Ryu and I with a grin on his face.

"Let's get this thing started." He smiled and we nodded.

Ryu and I did the normal vows that everyone else does. We did that because I'd always told him that I wanted to say our actual vows in private. I wanted to say them just to him. No one else listening. He said that that was fine and he would do the same.

Aimoto told us to exchange rings and I began to panic because we didn't have any. At least I thought we didn't. Ryu pulled out two rings from his pocket and handed one to me. I looked at him in question and just received a wink.

I slipped the ring on his finger and then he slipped one on mine. Aimoto didn't get the chance to tell him to kiss me because he kissed within seconds of putting the ring on my finger.

Everyone around us cheered. Juliet, Mrs. Date, and Stefano cried and came over to hug us. Mrs. Date threatened to beat Ryu for pretending to be dead, but she didn't. She pulled him in for a hug and told him not to ever do something like that again.

Juliet and Vince offered to take us all out to eat to celebrate, but we declined. Instead, we headed to the courthouse to get our marriage license. I had mentioned that after that, we'd meet them at a restaurant.

Ryu had a different idea and we ended up at the safe house. We'd just made it in the door when he pinned me to the wall.

I untucked his shirt and reached my hands up under it before raking my nails across his abs. He let out a groan as he started kissing me.

As he slowly began peeling my dress off he started to speak. "When I met you, my world was dark and cold. I didn't know the meaning of love or friendship. My normal was being hit and beat by my father. I didn't see a way out or a light at the end of a tunnel. Then you came walking up with your braids and....really mismatched outfit. My first thought was that you were some weird girl who ate glue or some f*cking shit like that. I didn't know that you'd bring light back into my life.

You are the reason I didn't give up. You are the reason that endured countless hours of torture and training by my father. I knew that the sooner it was over, the sooner I'd see you. When I was down and didn't want to get back up, I thought of you. I thought of you standing up to those assholes on the playground and throwing a rock at one. You were my motivation for everything I did. You are my motivation for everything I do now.

It's no secret that I don't give a f*ck about anything or anyone. Perks of being a sociopath and a psychopath, I suppose. But you.....you're the one exception. You make me laugh and smile. You make me a better person. The love I have for you......it's unmeasurable. Loving you has been the greatest joy in my life. You are my soulmate, my best friend, my lover, and so much more. My heart undoubtedly beats for you and for you alone. I will spend everyday of my life protecting you, providing for you, and loving you."

My dress and panties were on the floor and I was a crying mess by the time he finished. I cupped the back of his neck and kissed him. I poured out every emotion that I had inside into that kiss. With my lips inches from his I started to speak.

"The moment I met you, I knew that you were it for me. I knew that I wanted you in my life however I could get you. The best moments in my life have been spent by your side. When.... When I thought that I lost you...I felt like I was suffocating. I felt like I couldn't breathe. Loving you...there's nothing that compares to loving you.

You once told me that you're afraid that you won't be enough. But you couldn't be more wrong. You are more than enough. You are so much more. I don't care that we can't have kids. All I care about is waking up to you everyday and getting to love you. You deserve so much more than this world can offer.

Getting to love you everyday for the rest of my life is an honor. I know you will protect me, but I will also protect you. I am so happy that I get to spend the rest of my life loving you and driving you crazy. I will love you when you're angry, sad, happy, and everything else. My love for you knows no bounds. You're stuck with me now and forever."

I smiled as he gave me a rare genuine Ryu smile and kissed me.

"I'm going to take you to bed now, Tsuma."
("", Wife.)

"I'm all yours, Otto," I grinned. "Forever."
("", Husband,)