二十七 (Twenty-Seven)

(Ryu's POV)

I walked out of the bathroom from my shower to find Aria sitting on the edge of the bed. She was staring right at me.

"I won't disappear." I told her.

"I know, I just...." she trailed off as she began fiddling with her ring.

"Koneko, if you want to stare at me and follow me around for the rest of our lives I won't stop you." I smiled.

She smiled back.

I had just put on some pants when someone started pounding on the door. I motioned at the door and Aria ran over to get it.

It was Aimoto.

He was out of breath and looked panicked.

"What's wrong?" Aria asked.

"At....at the house. Yori's.....house," he held up a hand and put his hands on his knees to try an catch a breath.

He stood back up after a minute.

"The house is being ambushed." He said.

"What?" Aria gasped.

I shook my head. "None of my business. Not anymore. I'm dead."

"They're attacking him because you're dead, so it is your business. Since you died everyone has gotten balls of steel. They don't have the fear that you'll come after them. They don't hesitate. They just act. I think it's about two families. They're trying to kill him. They say he's the weakest link in the business. I know that one of them is Shinoda. Vince is in there to. He didn't bring enough men to hold off two Yakuza families. Jun is nowhere to be found. You're the only one who can stop it."

"If I go there it will reverse everything that I've just done!" I yelled.

He shook his head. "Wear a mask! Use a f*cking gun! Do something!"

I ran my hand through my hair in frustration. I wanted to put an end to all this. I just wanted to live a peaceful life.

"Go." I said pointing at the door.

"Ryu-"

"F*cking go!" I yelled. "I'll be right behind you."

He gave me one last look before leaving.

"Are you really going?" Aria asked.

"Haven't got much of a choice." I said pulling on a black hoodie.

I had just finished putting on my shoes when she walked over to me.

"Take me with you."

I scoffed. "Not happening."

"I'm going with you." She said.

I grabbed her around the waist, yanked her against me then had my knife to her throat within seconds. Her eyes widened and she tensed.

"Do you feel the blood rushing through your veins? The suffocating tightness in your chest?"

She didn't move. If she did my knife would cut her.

"That's fear. It's dangerous and it'll get you killed."

She reaches up and grabbed onto my wrist that held the knife, her grip was tight.

"I'm not scared." She said firmly. "Remember you taught me a few things. I'm not defenseless or useless."

I gave her a smirk as I used the tip of my knife to push her hair away from her neck. Her breath hitched. I used my other hand to undo the buttons of the shirt she wore. It was one of my black dress shirts and she was completely naked underneath.