十三 (Thirteen)

(Ryu's POV)

To say that the meeting was pointless would be an understatement. It was basically two hours filled with Yori's father scolding him and badmouthing Akuma. That's about it.

I was in the process of putting on my underwear and pants when jun approached me.

"Can I help you?" I asked.

"I want to apologize."

"For what?"

"Assuming....you know. Thought you were hiding a tattoo."

"You mean the tattoo that Akuma has?"

He nodded. "I still know you from when we were kids. I just don't believe that you're Akuma."

"There are memories missing from my childhood due to my father." I said as I slipped on my shirt as Yori came walking over.

"I hate him. I hate him so much. I wish I knew who Akuma was so I could pay him to kill my father." He mumbled.

I smirked. If only he knew.

I was putting on my shoes when my phone rang. I didn't recognize the number.

"Hello?"

"Ryu? It's Mrs. Date. I'm at the hospital with Aria."

"What? What happened?"

"I....How quickly can you get here?"

"Ten minutes." I said. "What hospital are you at?"

That caught the attention of Jun and Yori.

"Okay. We're at the hospital downtown. I'll wait for you by the door."

I hung up and took off out the door. I didn't bother with a cab. I sprinted my way to the hospital. Compared to the traffic, it was faster.

I arrived to see Mrs. Date standing outside with blood on her shirt and hands. Yori and Jun had been behind me the whole time, I didn't care though.

"Where is she?"

"The doctor is with her. We can't see her yet."

"What happened?"

"Your...mother showed up. I wasn't there, but I heard yelling. I walked as fast as I could, but my knees and hips......" She trailed off. "Anyway, I watched through the window as she attacked Aria. I got inside and hit her with a pan. It was the closest thing to me when I heard the yelling. I called 911 cause Aria passed out. One doctor is with Aria and the other is with....that woman. Aria is in worse shape. That woman has a few scratches and maybe a concussion from my pan. Aria has scratches and she went through the coffee table. I told them that you are her husband, so they should be expecting you."

"What room is she in?" I asked.

"There's something else you should know first."

"What?"

"She's handcuffed."

"The f*ck do you mean handcuffed?"

"That woman told them that she was a guest at the house and that Aria attacked her. She started crying and apparently she knows one of the cops, so they arrested Aria. They didn't arrest me because I'm old and confused apparently. Aria is in room 215 and she is in 216."

I ran up the stairs and down the hall until I got to 215. I walked in to see a doctor and two cops standing by her side.

"You can't be in here right now." The doctor said.