Chapter Two

The day before had been a little busy for Ye Jin, she had went to the education department as she was told. The director informed her about the details of the school, the grades she is going to teach, the salary and even the place they had search for her to stay.

After the meeting, she went straight to the supermarket to buy everything she may need in Hongdo. Later returned to the student's residence to get ready her exit documents and to pack the things she had left the night before.

It had been a nostalgic night for her, thinking about all the memories she had built in that place. Of course it was sad to leave her little space, but mostly she was grateful for the place that had been her refuge from the world and the circumstances.

The sound of her phone woke Ye Jin up. It was her mother letting her know that she and her boyfriend would arrive soon to help her to get her bags and boxes into her car.

When none of her belongings was left, her roommates said goodbye and she finally went out of the room to meet her mother who was waiting for her at the residence's parking lot.

"Ready. All your bags are in the car, Ye Jin" said Lee Yongmin, her mother's boyfriend, as he closed the trunk of her car.

"Thank you for your help", Ye Jin replied.

"It was nothing, really. I better go now, I think the both of you need a moment alone to say goodbye", he proceed to hug Ye Jin. "Drive carefully and have an amazing time there".

"Thanks. I'll do my best. Keep an eye on my mom, would you?"

"I'll do my best", he repeated her answer playfully, then turned to Ye Jin's mother, "I'll see you at home, darling".

Her mother nodded, waited a moment as he walked away from the student's residence, and finally turned to Ye Jin. "Did you talk to your father?"

"Hmm". "I called him yesterday night. He was in Paju. He had an important meeting early this morning, so I don't think he can be on time", she added after a minute of silence.

"I know it's still hard for you, but he's your father. Whatever happened between us, should had never be a problem between you and him. Besides it was a long time ago, maybe it's time for you to give him a chance".

"Well, I told him about my job".

"At the very last minute! See, you were young back then, but you're an adult now, you need to understand that marriage is not easy. I'm not going to defend your dad, but the truth is that our marriage was already on a tightrope when he cheated and it takes two people to start a fight, maybe the separation was inevitable".

"So, you are trying to say that both of you are guilty?"

"No, what I'm trying to say is that maybe none of us are innocent". "Besides he had been trying for so long and he loves you more than anything" she added.

"I love him too. It's just...". Suddenly, she recognized a figure running right to her. "Dad, I thought you won't be able to come", Ye Jin said as the man came to her.

"Nothing's more important than my little girl", he said with a soft smile in his face. "I would never let my baby go that far away without saying goodbye".

Ye Jin had to contain her desire to throw herself into her father's arms in that very moment, instead she waited until her dad made the first move. Silently, her mom went apart a few meters to give them the space they needed.

"Thank you for coming, even on such short notice".

"Nothing to thank about" he said as letting Ye Jin go out of his arms. "So, are you excited?"

"Pretty much, yes".

"I'm so proud of everything you had accomplish at your young age, Ye Jin. You have been working really hard, so I'm sure you're going to do amazing there".

"Thanks, Dad" she replied shyly, "I hope so".

"Ye Jin, I know the things haven't been light between us for the last years and I know it's all my fault, but as your father, I really wish this journey you're about to start can help you to find whatever you need to be happy. So enjoy your time there, have a blast, make some new friends, keep working hard and let people get inside your life". "Will you let me visit some time?" he added after a few seconds.

"Sure", she said with crying eyes as she found her way into his arms again.

"Guys, I hate to interrupt your moment, but Ye Jin has to leave now if she wants to arrive to Mokpo on time to take the 13:00 hours ferry", said his mother.

"Come here for a little", Ye Jin said to her, not letting his father go away.

And there were the three of them, fused into a hug, being a team once again, it was like in the old times yet so different at the same time. Ye Jin couldn't contain her tears anymore.

Back to the time when she left for the US, both of their parents had took her to the Incheon Airport and each one said goodbye to her, but she had knew that she would be back eventually. Things were different this time, because this time it felt like she was leaving for good.

Ye Jin broke the hug and her parents wiped the tears from each side of her face. "I love you both", she said.

"We love you too. Have a nice trip and take good care of yourself, daughter", her dad replied.

"Drive carefully and call us as soon as you arrive. Get in the car now, Ye Jin", said her mother.

"Yeah" Ye Jin said with a smile as she got in her car. She started the car, put on her seat belt and started her long drive. She put down her window to wave at her parents as she watched how their image was getting smaller and smaller in the rearview mirror.

Almost 7 hours later she couldn't help but put a big smile in her face as she arrive to the breathtaking place that was about to become her new home.

"Welcome to Hongdo, Ye Jin", she thought.

Author's note

Hello there!

I'm sorry for the delay, guys, but I hope you like the chapter.

I'm excited cuz I'm thinking about finally bring Bin to the story for the next chapter, we'll see how it works.

I would love to read your opinions on the chapter and the story.

Keep safe, yall.