Chapter Five

Ye Jin spent the following days trying to bond with her students; for her, it was essential not only to the success of her class, but also to her students' learning, so she put all her efforts on breaking the ice and show them she is interest and cares for them.

Little by little, she started to gain trust with her students and colleagues.

Everything was going as she wanted, except for the fact that sometimes, coming from nowhere, she could hear a deep masculine voice quoting some Jane Austen books around her mind...

The school bell rang.

"Ok, my little sunshines, that was really good!", she told her third grade students as she ended their game. "Let's start with the cleaning, ok?"

After a busy day, Ye Jin was on her way out of the school when she ran into Yoon-ah and Hyo Jin.

"Ye Jin!", Hyo Jin called her.

"Hi, guys! Are you leaving too?"

"Yeah. Ye Jin, listen, we were talking about how we haven't got the chance to welcomed you properly...", Yoona started.

"What do you think about a beach picnic tomorrow?", Hyo Jin completed.

"Aww, you guys. That's sweet, but you really don't have to do anything".

"Yes, we have to, it's like a tradition", said Yoona.

"Really?", Ye Jin asked.

"Nope, but we can start it with you".

God, this girl was really funny.

"C'mon, Ye Jin, we'll ask everyone", Hyo Jin said.

"I guess I'm none to break the tradition", she agreed.

They left the school together and as they made their way down the street, she had a glimpse of the place she had fought not to go in the whole week: Author Attic, Hyun Bin's bookstore.

"I should go inside, just to see if there're some new books", she thought as they got closer to the bookstore. "Actually, I need a new book to spend the weekend", she told to herself.

"What?", asked Hyo Jin.

"Oh, nothing, I was just thinking to take a look at the bookstore".

"I would also do that if I didn't have a boyfriend", Yoona said with a sigh.

"Shut up!" Hyo Jin laughed at her. "I'll text you tonight to let you know the hour and the spot of our picnic, Ye Jin".

"What should I bring?"

"You don't have to worry about anything, we're taking charge", said Hyo Jin.

"You just go and enjoy your time at the bookstore", Yoona added with a dreamy voice.

"Ok, see you tomorrow guys", Ye Jin waved at them as she went inside the bookstore.

She was looking at the shelves while trying to take a glimpse of a certain guy. He found him sitting in armchair while he was thoughtfully reading an old edition of Les Miserables.

"I met in the street a very poor young man who was in love. His hat was old, his coat was threadbare..." she started.

"There were holes at his elbows; the water passed through his shoes and the stars through his soul", Hyun Bin completed the quote as he looked up at her with a smile.

She smile back at him. "So, you're interested on the classics".

"Something like that, yes", he said repeating their conversation from days ago.