Chapter Six

Ye-jin woke up early on Saturday because she had many things to do before leaving with her new friends.

Hyo-jin did text her the previous night to let her know that they were going to pick her up at four in the afternoon to have a beautiful afternoon picnic as they watch the sunset by the beach.

Hyun Bin had told her that he was going to receive his new books packets in the morning, so she had planned to pass by at afternoon, but since she heard her friends' plans, she decided to pay him a visit right after the picnic.

Even when Hyo-jin and Yoona had told her not to bring anything, she didn't want to go with empty hands, but it was two in the afternoon already and she hadn't finish to cook her yubuchobap yet.

At three o'clock she went to the bathroom to take a shower and get ready before the guys' arrival.

At ten to four she was ready with a beautiful spring dress, and at five to four she heard a car's engine outside before someone knocked at her door.

They left on Gong Yoo's car. Fortunately for them, it was a short road to the farthest beach of the island because it was Ye-jin, Yoona, Min-jung, Hyo-jin, Ji-won and Yoo, plus all their stuff, stuck in the car.

They had to walk part of the way to get to the tip of the island, but it was worth for Ye-jin because the view was breathtaking. Hongdo kept to amaze her.

Yoo took some wood pieces and put them on the rocks so the girls could put the food in its place.

Everyone was having a fun time as they enjoyed each other's stories and company.

"So bad the others couldn't make it, they're missing all the fun", Min-jung said after a fit of laughter.

"Being married and having kids must suck", Hyo Jin said jokingly.

"I heard that Mr. Kim's family was going to visit his parents in law for the weekend", said Ji Won.

"I bet he would prefer to be here. Our poor friend", Gong Yoo said feeling sorry for the nice Mr. Kim who was not liked by his in-laws, not even after almost 10 years of marriage.

"Maybe some others could have come if SOMEONE had not change the plans for the afternoon", said Yoona looking at Gong Yoo.

"I already said that I'm sorry, I was not available this morning", he said.

"What was that important thing you had to do?", Hyo-jin asked him.

"I had promised Bin that I was going to help him to carry some books boxes", he explained.

That caught Ye-jin's attention.

"If it was because of Bin, then you're forgiven", Yoona said playfully.

"You always change us for Bin" Min-jun reproached him.

"That's not true, but c'mon girls, he's my man and as much as I love to hang out with you, sometimes I need my man".

"Hyun Bin is Gong Yoo's friend. He's the owner of Author Attic, the bookstore you visit yesterday", Hyo-jin explained to Ye-jin.

"He's more like my brother. Even when each one has their own responsibilities to attend to and we spend many years apart when I left Hongdo, we never let that to ruin our friendship. We have always been there in each other's trying times. Like I said, he's my man".

"I thought you were from Busan", Ye-jin told him.

"Oh, no. When I got my teaching license I had to move and live there for my first four years as a teacher, but I was very fortunate that, when my rotation time came, there was an open vacancy at Hongdo's elementary school. I took the chance and that's how I could came back to my hometown two years ago", he explained.