Chapter Eight

He had looked at her intensely.

"He looked at her the way all women want to be looked at by a man", she had quoted quietly.

Then, his eyes had been directed to her lips.

"The Great Gatsby", he had said.

She had nodded at him and had closed her eyes, while their faces had been closer each second, until their lips had finally found their way to each other.

"Hello, Miss Sonshine!", a sweet voice said.

Ye-jin, who was on her way to the teachers' room, returned to reality after repeating in her head, for the nth time in the week, what had happened last Sunday. Actually, more than repeating, she had pass the last days daydreaming about what she thought would have happened between Bin and her after sharing that moment at Hongdo's lookout.

"Hello, little sunshine!", she said smiling at Hee-Young, and amused by the nickname the little girl had given to her. "How are you doing?"

"I'm doing fine, but I'm a little concerned about you", Hee-Young told her teacher with a serious tone.

That surprised Ye-Jin.

"And why is that?"

"Lately, you seem a little distracted every time we're not in class".

"Oh, really?", Ye-jin said a little worried that she had given her students a bad impression, but amazed at how Hee-Young was so receptive to the emotions of others.

The little girl nodded.

"My brother says everyone has good and bad days and, since you seem so thoughtful and reflective, I was wondering if there's something bothering you".

"Your brother is right, we all have good and bad days, and sometimes it's ok not to be ok. It's true that I've been distracted, but I promise you there's nothing you should be worried about", Ye-jin said.

"I made something for you last night", the girl said taking out her backpack a handmade card. "You're always so concern about us and trying to make us have a good time, so I thought about something that make you feel better".

Ye-jin was speechless as she received the gift.

"To: Miss Sonshine.

I just want you to know how especial you are to me. Thank you for taking care of us, you are truly a sunshine and the best teacher in the world.

Love, Hee-Young".

"Thank you so much, Hee-Young. This is the best gift I have ever received", a deeply touched Ye Jin said, smiling at the child and holding back her tears before Hee-Young hugged her.

For most people, it may looks like being a teacher is boring and routine, but there's nothing further from the truth. Being a teacher is the adventure of a life time, which provide you a chance to learn something every single day.

After that episode with Hee-Youg, Ye-jin tried to get out her mind what had happened with Hyun Bin and downplayed it. At the end, it had been just a simple kiss on the tip of the nose, surely it hadn't mean anything.

The last thing she wanted was to give her students the impression that she wasn't paying attention to them, so she focused on her daily activities with the children and her friends.

For Saturday, the group of young teachers had prepared a little trip to the neighboring island of Heuksando, and Ye-jin had had an amazing time with them.