Chapter Eleven

It was a Sunday afternoon and Hyun Bin was spending his free day sitting on the front porch steps of his house with a beer on his hand, trying to come up with a plan so he can talk to Ye Jin.

Gong Yoo, his oldest and best friend, had advised him to give her space to calm down after she had discover his untold truth, but an entire week had pass and he still had not news from her.

He couldn't blame her, tho. That was a lot to assimilate and digest. He knew it perfectly.

In another circumstances he would let it be, just as a couple of times before, but the thing was that he was not ready to let her go. He was, for sure, in love with her.

Bin was at his sixth shot of beer when he received a call from Gong Yoo, who unfairly was on a break trip with Ye Jin and other friends.

"Hey, man", Bin answered the call. "How is everything going on your trip? Are you arriving soon?", he tried so hard not to ask directly for the cause of his affliction.

"Dude, I need to tell you something important. You won't believe it. It's huuuge", Yoo said quickly.

"Slow down, dude. What happened? Are you ok?", he jumped out the porch.

"Yeah, yeah, it not something like that, we all are ok. In fact, we are just arriving at Mokpo".

"Then what is it?"

"I know why Ye Jin is soo mad at you, well, she's mostly hurt, but the thing is that you really have a lot to explain to her, like seriously".

"If she would just let me..."

"Listen, listen, I don't have much time. Ye Jin and I were just chilling and talking nonsense on the ferry back to here and I just casually asked her about you, aish, you won't believe this".

"Gong Yoo, what is it?"

"She thinks you are married and have a daughter".

"What?", Bin asked surprised.

"I know! I told you it was huge".

"Why would she...? What did you tell her? Did you tell her the truth?"

"No, I left the hard part for you, but I told her she should listen to you, so it's time for you to try to talk to her again".

"Ok. I'll do it", Bin nodded. "What time do you guys arrive?"

"We should be leaving in a few minutes, but I don't think you want to talk to her in front of everyone, it can wait until tomorrow, besides she must be tired and have to rest. Oh, shit, they are coming back from the toilets, I have to hang up. I'll talk to you later".

Bin looked at his cell phone the moment the call ended and that's how Hee-young found him.

"What are you looking at?", she asked him.

"Nothing", he answered casually, turning his head to her with a little smile.

"Do you want to play something?"

Bin looked at his wristwatch.

"Sure, let's go", he said.

He still had about two hours left before Ye-jin's arrival.

Ye Jin couldn't take out of her mind Gong Yoo's words for the rest of their journey back home.

It was typical from her to jump to conclusions, even when the whole picture wasn't clear yet. She had let her insecurities take control of her actions once again.