Chapter Nine

Miss Son Ye Jin, still hadn't idea of what exactly had happened between her and Hyun Bin a couple of weeks ago.

After their "date" at the library, her mind told her to stay away from him, but her instincts and wishes told her otherwise.

So she kept visiting him on the bookstore some days a week, some days he would visit her at the cabin and some other days they would just take a walk around the island. They simply enjoyed each other's company, a good talk and sometimes a cup of coffee.

On his part, Bin totally understood the way she felt and, as he didn't want to ruin the things between them, he decided to take things slowly and give the space she needed. He really wished to show her that true love exist and company her though the journey.

He still had so many things to tell her, important things, but he wanted to be sure about how their relationship was doing before telling her a single word. Truth be told, he was kind of scare about how she would react when everything came to light. One single question haunted his mind: will she run away from him the moment she know about his situation?

So that, even when their souls were closer each day, he didn't kiss her again.

That made Ye Jin confused.

For someone as inexpert in love as her, it was like he was sending her mixed signals. Was he just being nice to her? Had she confused his actions? Did he regret about kissing her?

One sunny Saturday, Yejin had planned go to the stationary, a teacher's paradise, to buy some materials she needed, but first she wanted to pay Bin a visit.

"Hey!", they greeted each other.

"Please, tell me you are here to tell me that you already read it", he told her.

"Aish! My answer is still the same from yesterday night. I should just read it so you can leave me alone", she said jokingly.

"Yes, exactly! You should read it".

Bin had been trying to persuade her to finally read the poetry book she had bought many weeks ago, but she still hadn't mustered the courage to face something as touching, coaxer and false as a poetry book. Much less when she was trying hard to fight all she was feeling because it was against the values she had followed the last seven years.

"I really don't understand why you insist this much".

"It's just a beautiful book", he shrugged.

But Bin knew better, poetry can soften even the hardest soul, and he wanted to soften her to love.

"I was thinking", she said. "Since you love romance books so much, I think your book should be about love".

"My book?", he asked with bewilderment.

"You told me you want to become an author, don't you? Then your book should be a romance one".

He laughed quietly.

"I don't know if I ever going to write a book"

"Why not? I frankly don't understand why you haven't wrote one yet".

"I guess I've been looking for some inspiration", Bin said and looked up at her. "But maybe I already found it".

And that was the kind of things that confused her. One minute he was Bin her friend, and the next minute he would say something that would make her heart flutter.

Their little moment was interrupted by the sound of the little bell at the bookstore entrance, indicating that someone had entered.

A pretty young woman with short hair walked straight to them while giving Yejin a short disdain look.