Impatience

Sure enough, Caleb's mom was waiting in the pick-up area after school. Sighing, Caleb grumbled to himself when he got in the car.

"It's about time you arrived," his mother said nastily, starting to get going before Caleb even closed the door, "your father is going to hear about this."

Caleb mocked her under his breath and she whipped around and smacked him in the face, "Don't you ever mock me like that you little bastard!"

Angry now, Caleb just stared out the window, "Sure whatever, guess I'll just never say anything to you ever again."

*     *     *

The drive home was swift and quiet, just how Caleb liked it. When he got out of the car, he waited at the front door. His mom took her time getting out of the car, walking slowly to the house, "It's about time you arrived," Caleb mimicked his mother from earlier.

She swung at him, and he ducked. She unlocked the door and went inside, Caleb slowly following. The house was small, dull, and grungy. His mom was too lazy to clean, and his father was always making messes. 

Without paying attention to anything or anyone, Caleb went into his bedroom and closed the door. It didn't have a lock on it, but he'd just barricade it anyways if he didn't want to deal with anyone.

He thought about his knife and his arms itched. He longed to do it, but he didn't want to get caught... no, he'd wait for now. Until he can do it without being seen.

He stuck his headphones in and started playing video games. Pretty soon he could hear yelling in the other room and he growled. Dad's home it seems, he thought to himself, guess I better be polite and say hello so he doesn't yell at me too.

Turning off his game and pushing his wireless headphones down around his neck, he stood up and opened his door. He walked down the hallway with his hands in his pockets and looked up to see his parents kissing. He shook his head angrily and cleared his throat, "Kissing time is over. Has mom told you that I 'kept her waiting' yet?"