synopsis

in the outer banks, you were either struggling to find food to put on your table, or you had a maid bringing it to you

in the outer banks, you were either struggling to find food to put on your table, or you had a maid bringing it to you. the island outside of north carolina was completely separated between the two. the kooks, aka the rich ones, ridiculed and looked down upon the pogues, aka the ones struggling for food. one of those pogues, was luna carter. aka the pogue princess.

luna carter was a free spirit. she loved to surf, she loved animals and the planet, and she loved her friends. to death.

lunas father was an abusive deadbeat mechanic and fisherman constantly looking for new jobs and more beer. she doesn't know where her mom went, or why she left, her dad never talks about her, but she didn't care. she had her friends, and that's all she needed.

she cared about them so much, that when her friend john b decides that they were going on a wild treasure hunt, she didn't hesitate to say yes.

which leads them into a wild goose chase for hidden gold, running from police, and struggling to find their way in their crazy divided world.

for the infamous pogue princess, she'd struggle to find her way the most.