twelve

▸chapter twelve◂

luna's face fell at the sight of the completely destroyed ship, realizing there's no way the gold would be there, not in the wreck

luna's face fell at the sight of the completely destroyed ship, realizing there's no way the gold would be there, not in the wreck. "shit." luna mumbled, looking up at the sky in defeat. "it's not there..." john b said, and luna sucked a breath in. "look, just--just pull the drone up." pope said, and john b leaned against the edge of the boat, "shit."

"look, we can do another pass, recharge the battery. we can--we can go back down." pope said, trying to make everyone feel better, but it didn't work.

"guys, we've been through it three times, there's nothing there." jj shouted, and luna ran her hands through her hair.

"shut up!" kie screamed, and jj shrugged aggressively, "it's true!"

"the gold could be buried! we don't know!" kie screamed over the thunder, and luna shook her head.

"if it was there, it would've been found on the metal detector, ok?" john b argued, and kie sucked in a breath, "somebody beat us to it."

"or it was never there," jj mumbled, turning the boat around.

the boat fell into silence, and luna watched as john b sat down, pulling the hood of his jacket up.

"fuck." she mumbled, looking out at the water in defeat.

luna smiled, wrapping an arm around jj's waist as they approached the set up for the obx summer movie series.

jj grumbled under his breath, clearly not wanting to be here, "cheer up, bozo." luna joked, and the boy rolled his eyes, fixing the hat that sat backwards on his head.

luna loved when jj wore hats. they just looked so damn good on himwait, luna shut up.

"i'm so glad that they're still doing this. keep calm, carry on." kie sighed happily, carrying the bag of snacks, while pope, and luna carried chairs and jj carried the cooler.

"me too, it's nice to be back to obx life." luna spoke, and kie sent her a smile, "exactly."

"aren't you guys glad lu and i made you come?"

jj and pope groaned. "estatic." pope said sarcastically, and luna rolled her eyes.

"my couch was pretty comfy, i'll be honest." jj mumbled, and luna bumped her shoulder with his, "don't be dramatic."