Move

Beam stared blankly at his house when he saw some people moving furniture inside the house into the car.  He knew sooner or later this would happen.  His parents never talked about the situation at home to him but he heard his friend's mother talk about it.  

 "I heard the boy's family went bankrupt."

 "Ckckck .... I heard Mr Vongviphan was deceived by billions of rupiah. Now he has to pay the debt along with the interest and lose his investment"

 Beam didn't really understand the conversation but from their tone of voice, Beam knew that his parents were in a bad condition.  Beam finally enters and sees his mother standing still in the living room that is starting to empty.  His mother cried alone.

 "Beam," she said weakly when she saw Beam.  Beam walked towards his mother and hugged her tightly.  Beam rubbed the back of his crying mother.

 "Forgive Mae and Pho na ~ Beam," she whispered between tears.

 Beam doesn't understand why his parents have to apologize to him.  For several minutes his mother cried in his arms.  And a few hours later their house was empty.  Beam only has a suitcase full of clothes and textbooks.  He used to have everything.  He and his parents even went abroad when he was off.  Now Beam has to say goodbye to all his toys and even his house.

 His mother cooks instant noodles in the kitchen.  Beam can smell it.  He went down to the first floor and walked towards his mother.  Beam climbed to the kitchen table and looked at his mother's cooking.  He held back his saliva.

 "Sorry, Mae only has this," she said, crying and wiping her tears.  Beam smiled and thanked her.  Beam eats gently.  His mother smiled seeing Beam never complaining.  She stroked Beam's head gently.  

 "Where's Pho?"  Beam asked.

 "Pho goes to meet someone," his mother said quietly.

 Beam nodded in understanding.  He keeps eating.  His mother began to take a spoon and joined him to eat.

 "It's delicious," Beam said happily.  His parents used to be so busy, he even always ate alone.  Now, his mother is always beside him.  So he feels grateful.  His mother smiled broadly.  

 "Thank you. Even though it's hard you can still smile," his mother said.

 Beam does not understand.  He never felt trouble.  He doesn't mind losing all his toys as long as he can stay with his parents.

 "Wow ... it smells good" suddenly his father entered and sat next to him.

 "Evil. You eat without waiting for Pho," protested his father.  His mother looked at his father guilty.

 "I think you will be there a long time," answered his mother.  His father laughed.

 "Everything is going well. New is so kind. He even told us to move tomorrow morning," his father said happily.

 His mother breathed a sigh of relief and walked into the kitchen.  She starts cooking one more instant noodle.  Beam offered his father's instant noodles in his bowl.

 "Why? Is this for Pho?"  asked his father confused

 "Um ... this is for Pho. Pho looks tired" Beam answered.  His words made his father shed tears then hugged him tightly.  

 "Thanks na. Have become good children and do not complain at all" he said.

 "Pho promised to work harder," he added.  Beam nodded.  He is honestly happy.  This was the first time his father had hugged him all this time.