E is for Earthquake

The ground jolted as the train slow to a stop. Passengers around them were screaming, looking around worriedly and confused and others were crying.

"What the hell is happening?" Hailey asked Jay in a hushed tone as to not worry other passengers. She spoke trying to hide her panicked expression with a calmer one.

"How am I meant to know?" He replied, speaking in a hushed tone too.

They were both stood on the train, surveying the scene of blood and crying aroud them. The ground was still shaking, making it hard for them to stand and let alone walk but they both knew that they couldn't just stand there whilst others were suffering.

Staggering, Hailey and Jay both split up and began checking on the passengers around them as well as they could with there basic medical knowledge.

The shaking was short lasted but it wasn't about to go out with a final, substantial jolt. Hailey grasped the handle above her although Jay was less fortunate with nothing for him to stabilise himself with before he hit the ground.

"Jay!" Hailey shouted as she watched him fall against the carriage wall.

He grunted as he hit the wall and Hailey rushed over, crouching beside him.

"Hey Jay, are you ok? What hurts?" She worriedly asked as she inspected Jay.

"Yeah, yeah" He grimaced as he spoke, rubbing his hand over the back of his head, "It's just my head"

He pulled his away from his head revealing a dark liquid on his hand. Hailey gasped and he too looked at his hand. He moved his head off the wall revealing the white metal now dyed a patch of red.

"Oh my god..." Hailey trailed off as she focused on the blood, Jay's blood, on his hand and the carriage wall.

Jay was feeling disorientated and dizzy from the hit on the head so was confused as he watched Hailey's expression change. He couldn't process the situation around him with overwhelming pain from his head.

"Ok, ok" Hailey calmed her breathing as she realised that she to do something about the situation, "Can you lean your head forward so I can see the cut?"

She didn't want to move Jay too much as he most likely had a concussion and didn't want to cause him any more discomfort. He nodded his head slightly and leaned his head forward.

She stopped herself gasping again as her eyes fell onto the cut on the back. She broke her gaze off of the cut when she realised that she had been crouched staring at the blood seeping out of the cut.

She let him lay his head backwards as she took off her coat before bunching it up in her arms and placing it behind his head. He tried to grit his teeth and not show the pain but when the coat pressed against his cut he couldn't help but wince.

"Sorry" Hailey said as she heard Jay wince, feeling bad that she had hurt him even though it was to help stop the bleeding.

"It's... it's fine" He said breathlessly as he tried to contain the pain.

Hailey saw through his brave face and could see the head his head was causing him although there was nothing she could do excpet comfort him.

She moved so she was sat beside him leaving against the carriage wall with him. She could see the internal battle with him trying to force himself to stay awake desite his eyes shutting more often.

"Hey, stay awake Jay. Help will be here soon" She felt bad for forcing him to stay awake despite the fact that she knew it was for the best.

She was about to speak when she was interrupted by the blare of sirens. Relief washed over her body. Help was there, he'd be ok.