Kitty Howard Takes A Stand (Part 6 of Queens United)

Kitty opens her eyes as she tries to get her bearings. The last thing she remembers is standing at the window, talking to Cathy. How long ago was that? Kitty sits up, rubbing her head slightly.

She can hear voices below her, all of them familiar. Cathy, Anna, Mary, Elizabeth, Edward. Cathy sent for help! She looks around the room, trying to familiarise herself with it and find a way to escape. Someone should have locked the door. She does have a hairpin, but she doesn't want to use it unless it is for a last resort. Then, she realises that two people are in the room with her.

One of them looks around sixteen, and has long blonde hair, sparkling blue eyes and is wearing a choker with a 'G' hanging from it. She is wearing a grey dress with blue stitching on the hems and blue sleeves. Her hair is in bunches, emphasising her youthfulness.

The other woman looks much older, possibly older than Mary is, Kitty considers. Her red hair is tied back and has a black spiked headband. Like the teenager, she is wearing a choker, but with a'M' instead of a 'G'. Kitty's hand rises to her 'K' choker. 'Were you executed as well?' The teenager asks, studying Katheryn.
'Jane!' The other woman scolds. 'Don't ask that people may find it offensive.'
'I don't mind,' Kitty says to the other woman before turning back to Jane. 'Yes, I was executed. I'm Katheryn Howard.'
'Lady Jane Grey. This is Mary, Queen of Scots.' Kitty is sure that she heard of those names before from Mary and Elizabeth, but she can't say anything yet. They have to find a way out.
'Can you two start looking around? The door is likely locked, so we need to find another way out. We'll only use the door as a last resort.'
'I'm older than you, so I should give the orders around here,' Mary says.
'I've been here longer than you two,' Kitty shrugs. 'There should be something here...'
'I've searched,' Jane says. 'But I could have missed something. It will be worth another look.' Mary nods, and they begin searching the room.

'Kitty?' They hear Cathy call, and they stop searching. 'Kitty, are you here?'
'I'm here!' I call out. My friends will help. 'Cathy?' Cathy doesn't respond. 'Cathy!' What if Cathy is in trouble? Kitty finds her hairpin and begins picking at the lock. She has to help Cathy!

'I never thought you would be stupid enough to come here,' Kitty freezes when she hears the voice.
'I will not let you hurt Kitty or the children any more,' Cathy says.
'Are you working alone?'
'Cathy? Cathy!' Anna yells.
'You came here with the Flander's Mare! How stupid of you.' Kitty continues picking at the lock. It clicks at that moment. Kitty stays still, hoping that whoever else is outside won't notice. 'Who else is here?'
'What's going on up there?' Katherine asks. Is everyone planning on getting caught? Kitty pushes the door open. Jane and Mary gather around the door.

'I won't let you hurt my family,' Kitty says as she steps out. She glares at her ex. 'What the hell are you doing here?'
'I can ask you the same.' Henry turns to Kitty, and Kitty stops herself from physically hurting him.
'You do not deserve the children, they need a life away from you. You only messed things up for them. You were never a father, not to Mary, not to Edward, not to anyone. You were only concerned about what you wanted, never what others wanted. You tore the country apart for a son and heir, but it was Elizabeth, not Edward, who secured the Tudor lineage. So many people died because of you; do the right thing for once and let us go.' Henry pauses, possibly to consider his options.

'I said I will pull everything dear from you, I promise to deliver on my threat.' Henry looks around, only to find he is surrounded by five of his ex-wives, his children, Jane and Mary. 'Actually, on second thoughts...' Henry darts into the room and shuts the door. 'Hey! Why doesn't this door lock?!' Katherine pulls her phone out, only to find that Kitty is already calling the police. She has her hand firmly on the door handle so Henry cannot open the door.

When the police arrive, Anne lets them in and explains what happened. They found Henry in the room (he didn't even bother to escape) and took him to the police station. Of course, one of the officers realised who the queens were, and asked where Jane was. 'She's at home, looking after my daughter,' Cathy says.
'I think you can sue for damages after 500 years.'
'If so, I want to sue for the loss of my head!' Anne says. The police leave, and the queens take the children, Mary and Jane back home to settle in.

That night, most of them slept peacefully. The only ones who stayed awake were Kitty and Cathy. Both of them are in the living room, talking. 'Cathy?' Kitty asks.
'Hmm?'
'You said the other day you got my letter about going to find the children.'
'I did get it.'
'I wanted to tell you, but I wasn't sure how to. I'm sorry, I'm an idiot.'
'No, you're not. Katheryn Howard, you are never an idiot. You are bright, funny, and whenever you smile, I want to smile with you.' Kitty smiles. 'Come on, let's go to bed.'

A/N: The series is finally complete! I will be back to writing one-shots now. Expect the next chapter up soon. Thank you for reading and remember to comment if you enjoyed it.