006. promise me

𝐑𝐇𝐘𝐌𝐄𝐒 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐊 ❥ ❛ 僕のヒーローアカデミア ! ❜
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗

𝐑𝐇𝐘𝐌𝐄𝐒 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐊 ❥ ❛ 僕のヒーローアカデミア ! ❜𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗

˗ˏ ➶ [promise me.] . ✧ ˚

the strong smell of soil and complete and untouched earth that had now been familiarized in bakugous brain from smelling it all night, was the only thing he could focus on to try and take away the still shock of you cuddled in his arms. he hadn't bothered to sleep, worried that you might suddenly go into another panic attack if he were to sleep. he didn't want to take the risk, so he opted for staying up instead. on the bright side, he got to see you sleep, which was probably the best thing he's ever gotten to witness. it might've sounded creepy, but whenever he tried to see how you decorated your room (key word: tried, the thick poisonous  plants still there were kind of in the way) his red eyes would always seem to trail back to you. your breathing was a lot calmer now, tear stained cheek pressed against his bicep, making your lips pout cutely.

he brought his wrist up to check the time, seeing how it was almost nine, he didn't stress about it. aizawa has notified them that today would be a free day for the students to enjoy, which he found it as much as a relief as everyone else. sadly, class 1-a had collectively decided hang out today as a class, since they had nothing else to do. bakugou was dragged into it by kirishima, or atleast thats what he told everyone. he actually just decided to go because he knew you wouldn't miss hanging out with mina or jirou. and he promised himself that today would be the day he got just a bit closer to you, even if he had to swallow his pride, he'd go through with it.

letting out a deep sigh, bakugou lightly shaked your sleeping form, hearing you grumble on about how he was a bitch for waking you up. he found it a bit comical, actually, nonetheless he gave you another soft shake. "hey, rose head, wake up dumbass" you stirred slightly, mumbling a 'fuck off' before smiling back into your slumber. smirking, he shoved you again, not wanting to hurt you but also irked at you cursing at him, "i said," another shove, "wake up dumbass".

you let out a groan, snapping your eyes open and pouting angrily at him, "what the hell do you–suki? what're you doing here?" he snorted, giving you time to register what happened the night prior while he stretched out his muscles. when you did though, you mumbled out a sheepish 'oh' gave him an embarrassed look, "hey suki," you bit your lip, and the ash blonde suppressed a grin at how cute you looked right now, "can you– can you not, tell anyone about this.." he furrowed his brows as he watched you sit up more comfortably now, your eyes slightly panicked as you continued, "please, i don't, i don't want anyone to know how weak i am.." your voice broke towards the end, and bakugou let out a scoff to your words.

"you aren't weak for showing your emotions, you idiot. being able to acknowledge how you feel, and actually giving yourself a break only makes you stronger." his voice was rough, as usual, but the undertones of kindness and the way his eyes softened at you made you tear up for more ways then one. because those were the exact words you had told him when he was in a similar situation. bakugou scratched his cheek, pretty red eyes casted anywhere else but you, a habit you were seeing more frequently now that you paid attention. "but," he paused, and you blushed at how his calloused hands wiped away the tears that had slowly started to trail down your cheeks. he was tired of seeing you cry, the last reason he wanted it to be was because of him, "i won't tell a single shitty ass soul, alright."

you let out a laugh, cheeks stretching into a pretty smile as bakugou watched you hold up your pinky to him, "you have to pinky promise me suki!!" he glared at you, pushing your hand away from his chest, "you're so fucking childish!! i'm not doing that shit with you!" pushing it against his chest more, your once smile now conforming into a pout, "i'm
not kidding suki, you have to pinky promise me." he let out a way too loud sigh, obviously making it more dramatic than it needed to be, still bakugou held up his pink and wrapped it around your delicate one. "i promise not to tell a shitty ass soul, alright." you let out a relived smile, pulling him closer to you as your eyes shut contently, "thanks suki." 

he smiled in return, yet wiped it away as soon as your eyes opened again. sure, bakugou was soft for you, but he didn't need anyone knowing that, not even you. "alright, we're all meeting up in the living room before we go," he turned back to look at you, who was stretching and letting out a satisfied moan into the air. he blushed, quickly turning away, "if you're fucking late, so help me i will drag your ass out by your hair." he snarled, never turning back to look at you. you tilted your head as he rushed out of your room, door closing loudly behind him. you let out a sigh, plopping down on your actual bed and activating your quirk. you willed the plants to go away (as terrible as it sounded because you had a deep connection to each and everyone of them). your eyes watched sadly as they began to decompose and leave nothing but it's now shriveled up form.

it always hurt you when you had to do something like this, but you knew they would understand. you gingerly picked them up, laying them just as gently into your compost bin outside your balcony. atleast they would be used for a good purpose. now to tackle on the second problem; your overgrown hair. you tried your best to pick everything up, some parts of your hair slipping out from your grasp and falling back onto your floor as you tried to quickly make your way to bakugous door. you honestly didn't know what made you chose the hothead to cut your hair, (a terrible idea the longer you dwelled on it) but you still knocked on the door anyways. it was too late now.

bakugou gave you a blank stare, seeing you carrying a pile of your own hair made him want to burst out with laughter, but for your sensitive self; he kept it in. he watched you give him an awkward smile, and he really couldn't help himself; you jumped back slightly at how he doubled over, his laughter coming out loud and strong. despite him laughing at you, you couldn't help but smile. because bakugou never laughed like this, and the way his usual grumpy face was now soft and happy; was truly a sight to see. letting go of your hair, you crouched down, sitting on your heels as you watched admiring how soft he looked to you right now. it took a minute, but once he stopped laughing, and his eyes opened, he froze. seeing you admiring him like that so openly, made his face heat up, his face immediately hardening, "quit staring at me you idiot."

smiling, you nodded, "yeah sorry, it's just" you stood now, hands fumbling with each other nervously, "you just looked so beautiful."

he sucked his teeth, giving you a snarl despite how hard his heart was beating at your words. "what do you want?"

eyes widening, you gathered your hair again, "i uhm, i need some help cutting this again." he raised a brow, letting out another sigh with an eyeroll. you felt your heart sink slightly, "a-actually, it's fine.." you bit your lip, "i'll just ask mina or something.."

"i didn't say i wouldn't help you dumbass." what he really meant was, please don't go. but he somehow hoped you would read between the lines. it seemed like you did, because your eyes lit up again, and bakugou felt his breath catch. because if he looked close enough, his old f/n was there. god, he could cry. because no matter how small it was, the small sparkle that resided in your eyes, it proved that there was hope. hope that it wasn't impossible to get you back to how you were. instead of only being able to witness this side of you, the usual f/n, at small times; it wasn't too late to bring back the happiness that todoroki had taken from you the day he cheated. it wasn't too late.

but bakugou didn't know how long he had until the time frame closed..

あなたはタンポポを思い出させます

i swear i didn't forget about this book 😳
i'm in such a bakugou mood, gimme a sec, lemme write a few more chapters 😌💜