Prolouge

Dreams are just as common as they are uncommon. Some people dream on a frequent basis, some don't. There are never any cases of people who haven't experienced any dreams. Those who call themselves, 'non-dreamers' do dream. However, they dream when their brain shows minimal activity. A state during which a person cannot remember their dreams after waking up. Hence, leading to people calling themselves, 'non-dreamers'

What wouldn't Yoongi give to become one of those 'non-dreamers'. To rid himself of the nightmare tainted nights. But he can't. 

In this world, dreams work in a way different than science expects it to. Science says, "one can never dream of a person they haven't seen before". That statement doesn't hold true in this reality. People do dream of people they have never seen before in their life. The only problem is, after waking up their brain doesn't allow them to remember the person's facial features. Not until, you do something.

One can dream of any person, not necessarily their 'soulmates'. The person you dream of might be someone you're going to meet for just one day, or might be someone you end up marrying and living the rest of your life with. 

You never know.

You  just dream. 

How frequent you dream of that person, does indicate the future importance of that person in your life. At time of your life when you dream of that person is also important. For example, Yoongi dreamed of Jung Hoseok for the first time when Yoongi was five years old. At first, Yoongi rarely saw the other. Then things changed and Yoongi started seeing him on more frequent basis. That's when Yoongi knew that the person in his dream would become an important part of his life.

There's one more thing. You need to earn that person in your life. You need to do something the other person prefers in order to have him or her in your life. 

Hoseok wanted hope. Hope that things will get better. Hope that one day, the sun will shine brightly in Yoongi's life. At first, Yoongi didn't understand what Hoseok wanted. After waking up all he remembered was a catchphrase.

I'm your hope. You're my hope.

He didn't understand the meaning until he realized that hoping for the best gives you an unimaginable strength. The hope that things will get better makes you stronger.

Yoongi and Hoseok met when, the former was 11 years old and the later was 10 years old. Yoongi was hiding away from all the darkness in his young life. Hoping. Hoping that things will get better one day. That'all he could do. Hope.

He was cowering beneath a small slide, which shielded him form the pitter-patter of the rain drops. It was then when a kid, with a smile that could beat the sun in terms of brightness, came up to him.

"Hey there" He said, smiling bright. His smile didn't falter even when Yoongi glared at him.

"Leave me alone" Yoongi grumbled.

"Nah~I'm gonna be here" He said, crawling up to beside Yoongi, "Whatcha doing?"

Yoongi didn't reply, only rolled his eyes and turned around.

The boy pouted lightly, "Oi! Come-on. Don't be like this"

"Can you leave me alone?" Yoongi shouted back.

Yoongi froze when he heard a familiar voice.

"I think I heard his voice" A throaty voice was hear, "I'll kill that roach when I find him"

Yoongi bit his lips, to stop any sobs from escaping. His damp bangs sticking to his forehead. His eyes together, preventing any tears from falling.